Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 2: White Sand

Hongjing is an old city.

This city has seen too many storms, and no matter what happens, it wouldn't be able to cause any ripples here. The sun will rise in the morning, students will get up early to go to school, there will be morning lectures on campuses as usual.

The situation is not different from the past.

After Lin Chen checked the student dormitory as usual, he ticked the last blank on the roster, then turned to the previous page and looked at the only unchecked name.

As a school dormitory manager, the thing he didn't like the most is this kind of unexpected situation.

Just five minutes ago, he received a call from the school teacher, saying that Zheng Xiaoming, who was in the third class of the first year, didn't attend the morning class and asked him to go to the dormitory and wake the child up.

But what he didn't expect was that after checking the whole dormitory, he still couldn't find the kid.

In the dormitory, the blue and white flower pattern curtains swayed gently because of the wind. Lin Chen sighed. After working here for three years, this is the first time he has encountered a missing student.

He turned the pen lightly in his hands. Zheng Xiaoming was a chubby and quiet kid, and he wasn't rebellious at all. Moreover, the school was strictly guarded, and the guard wouldn't easily let the child go out alone. Then, it means either he was taken away by his parents, or he has been kidnapped.

As if to confirm his thoughts, his cell phone rang.

He took out the phone and looked at the screen. On the screen was an unknown number of Hongjing City.

He connected the phone, pressed the record button, and then heard a long and lazy voice coming from the receiver: "Mr. Lin, do you know Zheng Xiaoming?"

"Yes, I know him."

"Oh, he is in my hands now, please bring your wallet and come to Cangshui Bridge, Yanjia Lane to get him. Thank you for your cooperation."

As soon as he finished talking, he hung up the phone.

Lin Chen looked at the string of numbers on the screen, but didn't react for a while.

Compared to the first time he met a student who went missing, it was also the first time he met such a "kidnapper" who did what he wanted.

However, after hesitating for a moment whether he should call the police, he grabbed his wallet and headed out on the bus.

The day the kidnappers chose was very good, the trees were green and the flowers were red, and even the river water under the Cangshui Bridge was as bright as glass that had just been cleaned.

As if he was being monitored, Lin Chen just walked across the bridge when his phone rang. The kidnapper's voice was hoarse and calm: "Mr. Lin, please turn left, I'll be waiting for you at the sixth door."

Before Lin Chen could start thinking about the cold joke about "six doors", he already reached the designated location.