Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 4: Behavior

Lin Chen thought that he had clearly shown his aversion toward the police. But the strange thing about this person with mixed blood is: Not only he didn't get angry because of it, but he also refused him when Lin Chen said that he wanted to go home by himself. He locked the car door, and said in a serious tone: "It's so late, my mother will blame me if I let you go home by yourself at this hour."

Then he started to drive the car in the opposite direction of the city's experimental primary school.

Looking at the passing neon lights outside the window, Lin Chen had the feeling of being kidnapped by the police.

When the car stopped again, they had already reached one of the most famous food stalls in the city.

"I take the liberty to invite you to the police station to help in the investigation. I feel extremely guilty. So as an apology, I want to treat you to a light meal." The police officer turned his head and said to him very sincerely.

Lin Chen opened his mouth but found that he was speechless. No one could find the proper words to refuse such sincerity in a short time.

Instead, Fu Hao patted the back of the chair and shouted, "You ruined his whole day, and now you are treating him to a meal at a food stall to make amends. Why're You so shameless?"

"What's wrong with the food stalls, nowadays a piece of crayfish costs 6 yuan, you know." Xing Conglian said with a pained face, "The case is not solved yet, so this month's bonus is gone. I have to start saving in advance."

First, he was invited to have tea, now it was dinner, but fortunately, it was not a prison meal.

Although the typhoon is approaching, Hongjing's night market is still open.

Under the neon lights, the smoke was covered with a light colour.

Although the price of crayfish has skyrocketed recently, the captain of the criminal police still proudly ordered 6 pounds of crayfish.

AdvertisementsREPORT THIS AD

After a while, the whole white plastic table was filled with bright red spicy crayfish.

Surrounded by the clicking of glasses and mugs, the owner of the food stall sprinkled a large amount of chilli peppers in the oil pan, and choking white smoke floated everywhere.

Fu Hao looked around and coughed again and again: "Anyway, you are a person with status, can you have some taste?"

Lin Chen raised his eyes and saw that Xing Conglian was still struggling against the crayfish. He looked very serious and focused.

Hearing Fu Hao's question, Xing Conglian just picked up the beer bottle, and said solemnly: "Crayfish is the quintessence of the country's culture, how can you complain about it?"

Lin Chen raised his eyebrows when he heard these words. He reached out and peeled a peanut, then picked up the plastic cup and took a sip of beer.

From Xing Conglian's perspective, Lin Chen doesn't seem to be that difficult.

His actions of peeling the shrimp were very careful and meticulous, and the posture of drinking beer was also unpretentious. In the dim street lights, his eyes were clear and bright, and his lips became a little rosy because of the spicy crayfish.

"What do you think is going on?" Xing Conglian raised his glass, touched it lightly and asked.

"I don't know." Lin Chen took a sip of wine and answered very concisely.

"It doesn't matter what happened in the hospital, even if some sicko wanted to play with corpses, this kind of thing is not up to the standard for filing the case. But if you consider the corpse in the Chushui street and the person who fell to his death just now, then this matter isn't that simple, is it?"