Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 9: Finally

Lin Chen was awakened by a knock on the window.

Standing outside the window was a cleaning aunt wearing a yellow poncho. He got up and opened the window, only to hear the aunt say angrily, "Xiao Lin, do you have the key to Yanqing's tool room?"

Lin Chen shook his head. Suddenly remembering something, he asked, "Isn't the whole school closed today?"

"The school is closed, but the boss didn't give us a day off." The aunt leaned on a long broom and sighed, "So we have to work hard to sweep the floor."

Lin Chen felt that something was strange. Why did the cleaning aunt come to ask him for the key to Yu Yanqing's tool room?

Thinking of this, he asked, "Who asked you to ask me for the key to Yu Yanqing's tool room?"

"Oh, you both have such a good relationship." The aunt smiled, seeing good-looking young people, the old aunts always liked joked a little more: "She resigned and said she left the key with you. Who doesn't know that she always runs to you when she has something to do......"

The old aunt was still chattering, but Lin Chen suddenly had a bad feeling.

Yu Yanqing resigned, but didn't return the key to the tool room, and said the key was with him?

But he didn't have any keys. If the key was not found, the logistics department will break the door.

So what's behind the door?

"The key might be with me, but I have to look for it. Please go and clean the other place first, okay?" Lin Chen bowed slightly. After speaking to the aunt, he turned around and went back to his room, and called Xing Conglian with his mobile phone.

.......

When Xing Conglian arrived, Lin Chen was alone, leaning on the door of the basement.

Seeing Xing Conglian followed by the forensic officer and the forensic doctor, he nodded, stood up straight, and got out of the way.

There was only a dim light in the stairwell, which made him look gloomy, and even a little sad.

As a criminal investigator, Xing Conglian could of course smell the unusual stench in the air. His face darkened. He put on the gloves and opened the door of the basement. The strong smell of blood made everyone feel suffocated.

The criminal police, who are used to dealing with the scene, cordoned the basement according to the regulations. All the lights were on, making the dark underground space look bright.

The damaged desks, the dilapidated beds, and the scattered textbooks, every item in the basement was illuminated brightly and clearly by the lights, and even the dust was covered with a layer of fluorescent light.

At the end of the entire space, there is a closed, black wooden door.

A police officer found the master key and asked Xing Conglian for instructions.

Xing Conglian glanced at Lin Chen, took the key and walked to the black wooden door.

Opening a door is a very simple matter. Just insert the key into the keyhole, twist it gently, and the door will be opened with a click.

But Xing Conglian felt that it was hard to find anything more difficult and bitter than this in the world.

As the door opened the smell of blood drifted out.

Xing Conglian placed his hand on the door panel, looked at Lin Chen again, and said, "Now even I have to suspect that you are the murderer."

The flashlight shone the bright light, illuminating the entire room, and the scene inside made one tremble.