Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 14: Romance

With a hospital bed number, their goal was much easier to find.

Lin Chen was sitting by the hospital bed. On it lay an old man wearing an oxygen mask. He looked extremely weak and seemed to be running out of time.

Fu Hao squatted behind Lin Chen and whispered, "Shixiong, how did you know what kind of man Yu Yanqing met at the hospital?"

"It's simple. In addition to relatives and friends, those who can change a person are the ones that they're in love with. As we know, love can make people do crazy things."

When Xing Conglian stepped into the room, he happened to hear this.

He quickly stepped towards the bedside and asked, "Where did this man come from?"

"Shixiong seemed to have found a suspicious person. Yu Yanqing might have a boyfriend in the hospital."

Hearing Fu Hao's cautious statement, Xing Conglian frowned. "But in Yu Yanqing's profile, it didn't show she had a boyfriend in the past."

Xing Conglian was rarely anxious. After all, there was information missing in the investigation, and this was an important clue that could lead to solving the case. This was truly inept on their part.

"Their relationship seems to be secretive. I had to use a special method to inquire about it," Lin Chen said calmly, as if to comfort Xing Conglian.

"Then we are now?"

"Waiting for someone."

As if in response to Lin Chen's words, an extremely vigilant female voice came from the door of the ward. "Are you family members of the patient? I haven't seen you before."

A small nurse was standing there holding a white tray.

Xing Conglian took out his credential and flashed his golden badge, which only made the little nurse's expression more nervous.

He gently invited the nurse to the bedside.

Lin Chen looked up and asked, "Has something happened to this hospital bed recently?"

The nurse's face flushed. She hurriedly took a step back and tried to leave, but Xing Conglian blocked the doorway.

"Will this hospital not let you speak about it?" Lin Chen put his hand on top of the old man's hand and turned around. "We have our way of finding out in the end, but we hope that with your help, we can shorten the investigation time."

Lin Chen spoke sincerely, and because of that, the nurse found it hard to refuse.

The little nurse stammered for a while, her face turning red, before she could speak coherently. "The previous patient on this bed... jumped to their death on August 10th."

"What was the patient's name?"

"Feng Xuejuan."

Xing Conglian quickly took out his phone and called the technician.

......

The chief of security at the hospital quickly arrived. When he heard that the police were going to seize the video of Feng Xuejuan jumping off the building on August 10th, his face instantly turned grim.

Originally, because of the corpses in the morgue, the outpatient volume of the city's hospital had shrunk considerably. If a serial killer was involved with the hospital, this could ruin their reputation.

However, Xing Conglian was unrelenting, and, in the end, the security chief had to take them to the surveillance room.

The hospital security personnel were still retrieving the video. A young technician sat in a swivel chair, raised the brim of his cap, and quickly slid over to push people away.