Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 6: Feelings

Trust is an odd word.

When you met someone for the first time, it was a little absurd to talk about trust.

But Lin Chen said if you trust me.

Xing Conglian thought: of course, I trust you.

This kind of trust is very strange. At that time, Xing Conglian thought that the reason why he trusted Lin Chen so much was because he believed that Lin Chen is a good person.

So he commanded his men to search for Yu Yanqing in the whole city.

However, Yu Yanqing did not commit any crime and was not reported missing either. So this so-called search was only monitoring her ID card, various resident cards, bank card information, and her temporary residence. Other than that, Xing Conglian can't do anything.

Xing Conglian put down the phone and looked back at Lin Chen.

Lin Chen lowered his head slightly, held ginger tea in both hands, and drank it in small sips. As if feeling Xing Conglian's gaze, he raised his head and said, "Take me to the hospital."

The Third People's Hospital of Hongjing City is the beginning of all stories.

If they want to solve the case, they'll have to go back there.

Because of the typhoon, there were not many people in the hospital.

Surrounded by icy white walls and smoky grey floor tiles, patients injured by the typhoon are arranged inside and outside the emergency room. Their low mourning echoes in the space, painful, irritable, and extremely terrifying.

Lin Chen put down his umbrella and brushed the rain off his shoulders.

The medical staff were busy among the patients, so the chief of the security department of the hospital was the one who received them.

The head of the security section was huge, leading the way at the front. When approaching the corner of the stairs, Lin Chen felt a chill for no reason.

The elevator door behind him suddenly opened, and the doctor in the white coat rushed out of the elevator first, followed by two nurses pushing the instruments.

The doctor rushed into a ward quickly, and after a short while, the high-pitched sound of the cardiac pacing alarm sounded, and the call to death almost pierced the eardrum.

Someone outside the ward began to cry, and someone sat quietly.

There was only one person, he left the chaotic crowd, looked around nonchalantly, then found a row of blue benches, and continued to lie down and sleep.

Just before going up the stairs, Lin Chen's eyes stayed on the row of benches.

"That's the nurse at the hospital." As if seeing his doubts, Xing Conglian explained.

"It's strange."

"What's strange?"

"Someone died, but he doesn't have any sadness." Lin Chen said.

"If you watch too much, of course, you will be numb." The security chief who accompanied him looked back at the nurse and said indifferently.

"Watch to much?"

"Yes, our hospital has signed a contract with a labour service company. Cleaners and nurses are long-term workers. They have been in the hospital longer than some doctors..."

Lin Chen suddenly stopped, he and Xing Cong looked at each other, and the police captain asked keenly, "Which labour service company signed the contract with your hospital?"