Hello Bastard.

Raagini (pov)

Tannu gave me side glances during the whole car ride.. probably scared to ask me about Shekhar, considering how I reacted earlier to her suggestions about not befriending him.

Now, sitting in my room.. I regret not talking it out with her. Dammit! What the hell is wrong with me?
"What the fuck is wrong with you Raagini!!!" Raj barges into my room. Did he just call me Raagini? Oh he is definitely angry. I see him scowling at me as he walks towards me and sits on my bed with his shoe-clad feet up on the bed!!! I glare at his feet and then at him. "Why the fuck were you being so friendly with Shekhar?" he continues.

I roll my eyes at his audacity to question me while dirtying my bed by those shoes "Ok what is wrong in being friendly with Shekhar? I can be friends with anyone I like" I reply back as I throw down his feet from my bed. He straightens up and gives me a serious look "Raagini, Shekhar is not just someone. I don't know if you know or not—" I cut him off "I know Shekhar and Ronobir are rivals" I complete his sentence.. and his 'o' shaped mouth depicts his shock.

"You knew?? You knew and then also you decided to talk to him?" he raises his voice, and that breaks my last thread of patience.

"Yes!! I talked to him and I will continue to do so. Why the hell should it matter to me If someone is Ronobir's friend or enemy?? Why!??? He might be important to you.. but not for me. I don't care!!!" I scream the last bit. 

He just looks at me and sighs., "Raags.. I just don't want anyone to take advantage of you.. being my sister at that college can work for you or against you.. Ronobir is my best friend, and he is someone with great power, and that power makes you either bow or makes you a rebel. I just don't want you to get involved in this tug of power." He holds my hand and looks straight into my eyes.. he is damn serious. I calm myself down, and try to understand his point of view.

"Raj.. I get it. I understand your concern and worry... But I genuinely think he is not that bad.. just because Ronobir and him have some beef between them, doesn't mean he is a bad person." I hold his palm in mine, trying to convince him. He tries to pry it away from my hold 

"How the fuck would you know that Raagini?? You don't even know anyone at the college other than us few, so how are you so sure about your new friend?" he mocks me clearly frustrated.

I take his hand again, this time in a tightening hold. "I know this because that guy freaking saved my life today!!! he saved me from a very serious panic attack!! He was there.... When I needed someone.. you or mom" I finally tell him, knowing that I would have to lie again , when he asks me the reason of my panic attack.

He looks stunned for a second, and in the next.. he hugs me tightly. "what the hell is going on with you Raags? Panic Attack at the college? And I was unaware about it for this long? Are my ok now? Should I call Dr. Asthana?" he says all this in one breath while his embrace tightens, making me sigh.. That's my big bro. My eyes well up.. hearing him so concerned.. I wanted this hug when I broke down.. I needed this warm hug..

"Don't worry big bro.. I am fine. Don't cry" I tease him as I rub his back. he scoffs and breaks the hug, "Stop it, and tell me how the fuck did you get a panic attack in the college? Did something happen?? Did anyone say or do something to you?" he searches my eyes for the truth.. but alas! He won't get it.

I look away "umm—I was in the parking and some car almost killed me.. I mean it was a close pass.. I got scared and then it-- the panic attack hit me." I make up a believable lie.

He stares at me.. then hugs me again, caressing my head. "I am glad you are okay little sis. So.. should I thank Shekhar for his good deed?" he jokes, trying to lighten the mood.. but I maintain a straightface "Yes. That's not a bad idea at all. You should definitely thank him and also prepare a gift for him as a thankful gesture" I make it seem like I am serious.