The Chase

Raagini (pov)

The whole car ride could not be anymore awkward. I swear this guy enjoys my misery.... As he kept on staring at me through the rear view mirror. Raj kept on talking about god knows what.. as I was busy trying to ignore both of them.. and just nervous of his intense stares.

And now when I sit here in my class, with Tannu blabbering something next to me, I can only think about his eyes. "Raagini, are you listening to me??" Tannu shakes my shoulders. "Oh sorry Tannu, what were you saying?" I wince as I apologize for my absent mindedness. She shakes her head "You know my aunt invited you to our house." She raises her eyebrows with a wide grin, obviously indicating something interesting but I am so distracted by my own wandering thoughts that I don't get her point. She rolls her eyes but clarifies her plans "Soo!! We can have a sleepover party at my Aunt's home. She lives alone and... she she'll probably be out for her night shift at the hospital. What do you say Raags!!!" she claps her hands in excitement.. and who in their right minds would refuse such an amazing plan on her excited face. So I chuckle and nod. The professor enters our class room, Tannu wiggles her eyebrows as we both turn forward to listen.

This will be fun, I have never done sleepovers, I have always heard other girls talking about it... I guess this will be fun!

Fun... hmm guess nothing can be fun when two rivals sit across each other on one table. I look up at Ronobir and Shekhar glaring at each other as we all sit in the canteen eating our lunch. I look around, and see few others looking at our interesting table in curiosity. I roll my eyes at these two boys and then my eyes fall on my own brother, who just sits there sipping his orange juice, as he stares at Tannu, who is as usual in her own world.. just doodling something on a piece of tissue. Well well.... This might be fun afterall.. I smirk as I fill my mouth with a big chunk of my burger.

"The burger is not gonna run anywhere" I hear his voice.. there he goes, again disturbing me with his useless opinions. I glare at him and chew faster, so I can swallow it and give a nice reply to him, but Shekhar beats me to it "It might run away, when such arrogant people are sitting on the table." Well Damn!! That was.... Pretty cool comeback, one even I couldn't have come up with. That was 'stop chewing food' good! And that is like the highest level of compliment.

I look towards Ronobir who is now sitting with a straight face, but his tightly closed fist, tells his hidden anger. I gulp... "Raagz, Are you free today? Remember I told you about an awesome trekking place, my group of friends are planning on going there tomorrow as it's weekends. So what say? Should I come and pick you up at your home?" I hear Shekhar.

"No" comes Raj's response at the same time as "She's not going anywhere with you" Ronobir speaks, making Raj turn his head towards him. What the hell! Why are these two answering on my behalf when I am sitting right here? "uh oh" I hear Tannu murmur to herself, but pretty much audible to everyone on the table.

"excuse me guys!! I am sitting right here!!" I point to myself. They all look at me for a second and then Raj and Ronobir again turn towards Shekhar and I see Ronobir narrowing his eyes at him as if they both are having a secret conversation.

Ok I am done. I slap my hands on the table, irritated at being ignored, "Would you both stop taking decisions for me.. I can decide for myself." I speak a bit loudly to get their attention.

"You made this asshole your friend, how can we trust your decision Raagini?" Ronobir taunts me with his trademark smirk. Ughhh

"You should not call yourself an asshole Ronobir Sir" I retort back with an extra sweet fake smile. Raj coughs out whatever he was sipping.

I see Ronobir clenching his jaw.. and I know he so badly wants to just rip off my head from my body. Today is just not his day. Man has been insulted too many times in past few minutes. I bite my lips to control my laugh, although I am a bit scared as his expressions change and he smirks again.