Trapped

Yeonjun pov

Jin's truck was on fire.
As soon as I got inside it was full of Chan's men, I went in and killed them all.
I approached the door of the truck, in front there was one of the guards who protected the truck, before he died he told me that there was no one inside and that they had taken Jin and his research.
I contacted soobin.

Yeonjun: soobin, Jin was kidnapped.
His truck is on fire.

[soobin]: shit! See what happens to bullshit with Chan? You shouldn't have hit that school! We spotted a large group of bandits returning to the Chan base.
They must have brought Jin there.
Go there, find him and bring him back here alive.
Understood?

Yeonjun: received.

I walked quickly to Chan's lair, halfway soobin contacted me again.

[Soobin]: Yeonjun ... Look, I know I've been hard on you.
But after what happened to Ni-ki ... And now to Dr. Jin, you have to ... You have to understand that ...

Yeonjun: soobin, you don't have to apologize.
And don't worry, I'll bring Jin back here in one piece.

[Soobin]: be careful, okay? I'm sorry about Ni-ki, I know you were friends.
Hell, I loved that idiot too.

Finally I arrived in front of the lair, but the entrances in front were all closed.

Yeonjun: soobin? the base is sealed ... The doors are locked ... I don't think I can get in.

[Soobin]: find another entrance then, maybe on the back.
But don't take unnecessary risks.
Those bastards will tear you apart if they get the chance.

I went to the back and saw an alternative route, I could climb up to get inside the base.
I climbed up and finally got to the roof where there were some guards, I killed them and went inside.
Once inside I contacted the GRE.

Yeonjun: here yeonjun.
I REALLY need some support from the GRE.

Ministry: Sorry, agent yeonjun.
Here is the defense ministry.

Yeonjun: What the fuck ...? What is going on? What happened to the GRE?

Ministry: The position of the GRE has been ... Reduced.
We are in charge now and harran has been declared a priority target.

Yeonjun: wait! WAIT! wait a moment! You can't carpet bomb this place! There are still hundreds of innocent people here! Maybe thousands!

Ministry: irrelevant.
We need to protect BILLIONS of lives.
You realize that, right?

Yeonjun: yes I know ... But listen! Listen, here's a scientist named Jin working on a cure! He is close to creating a cure! I've seen the results! If you bomb the city ...

Ministry: ... Received.
The chances of a scientist in a ruined city getting useful results are next to nil, but ... He has 48 hours.

I closed the call.

Yeonjun: shit ...

I tried to contact beomgyu.

Yeonjun: beomgyu ... Beomgyu can you hear me ...? Fuck.

I went around the building in search of Dr. Jin, finally after killing all the guards I saw I arrived in the parking lot of the building where there were a lot of cars.
I searched everywhere and finally found the door where Jin was locked up, but beside him was also beomgyu.

Jin: who is it? Who is there?

Beomgyu: yeonjun? What are you doing here?

Yeonjun: I could ask you the same question.

Jin: He was with me when they came to kidnap me and ... Instead of killing him they took him too.
Ok, yeonjun, listen! My life is in danger, that is clear, but my search must not die with me!

He said standing up and helping beomgyu to stand up.

Yeonjun: you'll be fine, doctor! But now I have to get you out of here, so keep your voice down, please.

I said whispering and taking beomgyu by putting his arm around my neck.

Jin: oh! Oh.
Yup.
All right.
But you understand ... My research.
Must get to jungkook! That's why I gave the packages to taehyun.
I know you said you was going to deliver them, but taehyun was there and time was running out ...

He said as we started walking out of the room, we were now in the parking lot from before.
Suddenly all the lights went out.

Beomgyu: Jin?

Beomgyu said taking his arm off my neck.
As soon as the lights came back on we found ourselves surrounded by armed men.

Chan: And so a little false hope is enough to make the good doctor talk.

Beomgyu and I turned to the voice and saw Chan.
One of his men was pointing a gun at Jin's head.

Chan: find me scorpion.
At all costs.

He said referring to suga.

Suga: with pleasure.
And these three? What do we do with them?

Jin: You will never find him! Never! And I will never speak, you will get nothing from me!

Chan: I don't need you to talk, doctor, I want to prevent you from escaping.

He finally said sticking a knife in his leg.

Beomgyu: sadistic bastard!

Beomgyu said trying to get close to Chan but a guard pointed the rifle at him making him stop.

Chan: rescue the doctor, take beomgyu ... and take yeonjun to the arena.

One of the guards threw the shotgun at my head causing me to fall to the ground.
Before I completely fainted, I saw that beomgyu also fell to the ground.
As soon as I woke up I found myself in a different place from where I was before, it looked like a kind of arena, in front of me there was Chan and some of his.

Chan: Bring him up.

Chan's men picked me up.

Yeonjun: oh fuck ... Doctor, beomgyu!

I said looking up to see Jin and beomgyu tied to a scaffold.

Beomgyu: yeonjun!

Beomgyu yelled trying to break free without success.

Chan: You came among us like a snake in the grass, yeonjun.
In a city of lies, you are the greatest of all.

Yeonjun: what are you talking about? Come on, son of a bitch!

I said going towards him but two guards stopped me.

Chan: Yes, lose control.
After all, that's what you do best.
If I...

I managed to punch him in the face, one of his men pushed me away.

Chan: Not bad.

He said before kicking me in the stomach causing me to fall to the ground and hit my head.
He shot two of his own killing them.

Chan: Remove the corpses.
Leave yeonjun.

After that I passed out again.

-------------------------------------------------- ----------

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and see you at the end of the next one.