Chapter 9

(Hyunjin's POV)

"Are you taking me home?" you ask slowly, your legs softly kicking as they dangle at Hyunjin's sides.

"Yes," he answers.

It's past midnight, and the nearing winter season causes warm breaths to become fleeting, misty clouds in the air.

"We almost there?"

"Yeah."

"Are we gonna do it?"

Hyunjin nearly stumbles.

"... No."

"How come?"

"You're quite drunk."

"What if I make you?" you drawl.

"Make me what?" He feels your warm cheek brush against his cold ear.

"Get in bed with me."

"And why would you do that?"

There's a considerable amount of silence as his feet continue moving along the dark path. He could now see your dormitory up ahead and there's a hazy light emanating from the entrance. Just then, your arms around his neck seem to loosen.

"Because... you're nice. And I think I like you."

Hyunjin stops to readjust your weight on his back.

"Anyone can seem nice. Doesn't mean they actually are."

You hum, your head tiredly toppling forward as he begins walking again.

"But, you are nice."

"I'm really not."

You bury your face in his shoulder, and for a moment, he wonders if he's hurt your feelings. Even if it's all just drunken nonsense.

"I do like you," you mumble, sleep obviously getting the best of you.

"You don't mean that."

"I don't know... I think I do."

◈ ◈ ◈

Hyunjin gently lays you down on your bed.

He had found a key in your bag and was able to bring you inside without a problem. The image of you fumbling and dropping the key outside the door flashed in his mind earlier. It made him realize it's been two weeks since that failed attempt to get you into his car.

Funny how he was back here again so soon under a different situation. Jisung would surely have a lot to say if he ever found out about tonight.

Hyunjin looks around the small space that is your dorm room. He had never noticed how simple and compact it was the last time he stepped inside, perhaps because it was so dark back then. It's reminiscent of a tiny studio apartment where the kitchen, couch, and bed are all together in one living area. It's almost hard to believe that the daughter of a wealthy family chose to live in such a humble environment.

Hyunjin takes a step away from your bedside to see himself out, but a small tug by his waist stops him. He looks over his shoulder and notices your hand grabbing his jacket.

"Where you going?" you mumble, eyes barely open.

"You're home," he says reassuringly. "Go to sleep."

"Mm..." Your head turns towards him. "Stay," you quietly mutter, eyes closing.

When your fingers remain curled around a handful of his jacket, he defeatedly sits on the edge of the bed next to you. Your eyes are closed but you manage a subtle, lopsided grin as if to respond to his presence.

But he knows you're drifting in and out of sleep from the pace of your breathing.

Hyunjin carefully removes himself from his jacket when you don't let go. He leaves it close to you on the bed, letting you hold onto it. You don't particularly seem to be aware he's no longer attached to the clothing.

His eyes settle on your hair, finding it quite mesmerizing to look at. The long, soft locks cascading off the pillow's edges and spilling onto the bed—it somehow made you appear almost ethereal from Hyunjin's angle.

He brushes some of the hair away from your eyes and notices you've covered the fading bruise above your brow with some makeup. His head tilts to one side as his eyes begin to wander, studying different parts of your face: your lashes, nose, slightly rosy cheeks, delicate jawline, and lips...

They look soft.

His gaze lingers while he finds himself wondering what your lips would feel like, specifically against his own.

Hyunjin slowly leans over your frame, temptation guiding the subconscious movement.

But he catches himself before getting too close.

You were asleep.

He stares for a moment, knowing he shouldn't go through with it.

It wouldn't be fair to you.

But...

Being fair has never been his strong suit.

Against his better judgement, Hyunjin lowers his face down to yours—this time, without hesitation.

His lips touch yours.

He closes his eyes and a hand lightly cradles the side of your face. The warmth is inviting, and for a split second, he loses himself in the sensation. He even presses a little harder against your lips, wanting to feel more, and a small part of him wishes you'd wake up—

Shit.

Hyunjin pulls away, not wanting to entertain that last idea. Coming back up, he can see you remain undisturbed in your slumber.

"I told you." Hyunjin pushes his hair back, feeling somewhat frustrated. He's not sure why.

"I'm not as nice as you think," he whispers, having stolen a kiss you would never know about.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  ◈ ◈ ◈  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

a/n: who knew hyunjin was a meanie going around stealing kisses lol
thank u for keeping up with this fic, ily!
pls consider voting :' )

⤠ a/n: who knew hyunjin was a meanie going around stealing kisses lolthank u for keeping up with this fic, ily! pls consider voting :' )