Chapter 29

Hyunjin takes a trip away from the room, coming back with a bottle of water.

He tries to hand it to you, urging you to drink but you're reluctant, eyeing both him and the bottle suspiciously.

"For fuck's sake," he grumbles, twisting off the cap. He takes a drink to prove it's nothing but water.

After seeing him swallow, you finally accept the bottle. And while taking the most minuscule sip from it, you notice Jisung silently slip out the door. He promptly returns with a half eaten bag of chips.

Walking up next to Hyunjin's crouched figure, he carefully sets the crinkly bag by you and backs away as if you'd be upset with him for coming too close. But you peer up at the brunet, sending a subtle, grateful nod.

Jisung responds with a small nod of his own before exiting the room once again.

Water and chips were nothing substantial by any means, but it was something to satiate some of the migraine-inducing hunger.

Judging from their earlier exchange, the two of them had gone out to rummage through their respective vehicles, looking for whatever they could find for your sake.

◈ ◈ ◈

Taking a chug of water after gobbling down most of the stale, salty snack, you watch Hyunjin who's silently sat next to you on the floor ever since you started eating. He rests against the wall with eyes closed, and you wonder if he's too exhausted to even keep an eye on you. Not that you'd try to run from him again at this point.

"Hyunjin?"

He merely responds with a low hum.

"I have questions. And you owe me some answers."

"Ask away," he mumbles tiredly, eyes still shut. Sleep weighs on his hoarse voice.

"Is Hyunjin your real name?"

"...Yes."

You scan his relaxed profile, scouring it for signs—any signs that would indicate he's lying. But there are none.

Guzzling down more water, you wipe your mouth on your sleeve. "Where are we? Be specific," you demand.

"A warehouse in Busan."

Your eyes widen. B-Busan?

That's at least a four hour drive from Seoul—just how long were you initially unconscious for?

Trying not to panic from the fact that you're absolutely nowhere close to home, you push to continue talking. "What is this place?"

"A warehouse."

"You said that already. But, what is it exactly?"

"We used to operate out of this location years ago. It's abandoned now," Hyunjin mutters softly. "The actual warehouse is above us; we're in its underground bunker."

That explains the lack of windows. And no wonder it's been so chilly, you were below ground level. Would your phone even have service down here?

You frantically begin patting your coat pockets—your cell is nowhere on you.

"I want my phone."

"That's not a question."

"Fine. Can I have my phone?" you impatiently rephrase, snapping your head in his direction.

"Afraid not. I left it in Seoul."

Aggravated, you turn your entire body towards him. "Why?"

"Did you want Minho tracking you here?" Hyunjin asks dryly. "If it makes you feel better, I left mine, too."