Chapter 28

(Jisung's POV)

A high pitched battle cry pierces the quietude.

Jisung takes it as cue to push off the wall he's leaning against to approach the shrill noise.

Peace lasted approximately... 45 minutes since he had left the room? He could only guess that the effects of chloroform had worn off, thus the newfound ruckus echoing down the corridor.

Arriving at the steel door, he opens it with a grunt, fully expecting you to be putting up a fight and Hyunjin restraining you in some way or form inside the room.

Tsk. This is what happens when we don't tie them up.

"The hell?" he mutters, staring in from his spot incredulously.

He was all but wrong.

There you were on the ground, straddling Hyunjin, your hands gripping fistfuls of his shirt. It appeared you had the upper hand, not the other way around.

"You pointed a gun at me!" you fume at the boy lying still beneath you.

"It was never loaded," Hyunjin murmurs calmly.

Your knuckles turn white from tugging at the shirt against his chest even more furiously. "Why did you drug me?" you seethe through clenched teeth.

"Because there was no time," Jisung answers casually from the doorway. "You wouldn't have come willingly, even if he explained everything to you."

Your head snaps up to finally meet him.

Though your face is rather pale, the rage and hostility in your eyes are unmistakably there.

"Who are you?" you practically snarl, your eyes darting back and forth between him and Hyunjin as if trying to gauge the next course of action.

"Jisung," is his simple reply as he saunters over. "Missy, as much as Hyunjin probably enjoys you being on top of him, you need to let go." He civilly reaches down to help you up but you're swift to retaliate.

"Don't touch me!" you hiss, pushing off of Hyunjin's body and leaping a couple of feet back from both males.

Once your weight is gone from his pelvis, Hyunjin peels his back off the unforgiving concrete, propping himself on his elbows. He subtly winces, favoring his left forearm to lean into.

Jisung then knew Hyunjin had let himself get tackled to the ground. There was no way you, or anyone else, could've bested him with a head on attack from such a close range.

"Sorry, should I not have interrupted?" Jisung cocks his head down at Hyunjin, feigning awkwardness when he was actually amused. "You look a little disappointed down there."

Hyunjin briefly closes his eyes in silent exasperation before throwing him the dirtiest glare in existence.

◈ ◈ ◈

(Your POV)

You are long past denial at this point.

Now, only anger stirs within you. That and your damn will to escape wherever this is. Twice—freakin' twice did Hyunjin drug you to unconsciousness; there would not be a third time. But outrunning these two wasn't an option as they had longer limbs, so you'd have to outsmart them somehow.

Keeping a wary distance from the two boys standing before you, you sidestep to the right as your eyes flicker to the open door behind them. If you could just make it out of this room first, you'd be able to trap them in here with the outside locking mechanism.