Chapter 25

░"░I░n░ ░t░h░e░ beginning...░i░t░ ░w░a░s░ ░a░l░l░ ░b░l░a░c░k░ ░a░n░d░ ░w░h░i░t░e░.░"░

The sector of the organization that Hyunjin, Jisung, and Minho belong to exists on the outskirts of Seoul, posing as an unsuspecting building that's hidden in plain sight

The sector of the organization that Hyunjin, Jisung, and Minho belong to exists on the outskirts of Seoul, posing as an unsuspecting building that's hidden in plain sight. Its outward appearance is an inconspicuous warehouse that sits on the edge of an industrial zone, and the large structure stretches two stories down, similar to an underground bunker. The entrance is concealed and well guarded from within, remaining impervious to break-ins with security measures being nothing short of stringent.

Hyunjin, as well as others like him who are employed by the vigilante operation, all return to this location to bring in people they've been tasked to capture. The purpose of the underground levels serve as a place to hold these individuals hostage while ransoms are initiated.

And the ransom message is always the same:

1. Wire _x_ sum of money.

2. Make public of the fraudulent and criminal activities taking place within the _x_ company along with its evidences.

3. Your child will be returned alive only after these instructions have been followed. 24 hours will be allotted from when this message is received.

More often than not, these demands are met in the given time.

And those who have been kidnapped for ransom purposes are then transported to a remote location to be found alive by their loved ones. These survivors—often children of high profile and influential folks—have no recollection of what had transpired when they regain consciousness as they've been pumped full of drugs throughout the events leading up to their release.

The organization then ultimately leaves it up to law enforcement to prosecute the different groups for the various crimes they had publicly admitted to committing. And in due time, corrupted empires begin to crumble as the CEOs, board of directors, shareholders, and sometimes even politicians are dragged down from their position of power once they've been indicted.

But.

In the unfortunate cases where ransoms are only partly fulfilled or not fulfilled at all, a stark and abrupt end awaits the young hostages. Their deaths are quick and the bodies are moved out for disposal, never to be found by anyone ever again.

This is a strict rule that's been carried out systematically since the very beginning.

And in said b░e░g░i░n░n░i░n░g, it was Four individuals that banded together and decided the heavy imbalance amongst people required correcting. They saw that those who sat on top of social pyramids unjustly ensured rules were being written and established to favor them. The power they misused to line their pockets quickly fostered environments where corruption could spread like wildfire—and it did.