Chapter 4

MIRA’S POV-

I wore a blue gown decorated with silver streaks, and it suited the color of my skin. My long hair was hanging loose. I could even say that I was starting to look good again.

Not trying to brag, but many had told me that I was beautiful. They said I was just unfortunate because I married Marco who hurt me a lot and led me on.

Kyla’s driver dropped me off at their house. From outside, I could already hear loud music as well as visitors talking. Carrying the gift that I brought for Nathan, I approached him and Kyla who were with their parents.

“Hi, bes,” I greeted Kyla with a kiss.

“Hi, Auntie. Uncle.” I greeted the parents, and we exchanged kisses as well.

I turned to Nathan. “Happy birthday, Nathan,” I said to him as we kissed on the cheeks. That was our way of greeting each other.

“Hi, bestie! Good thing you came. My gosh, I miss you.” Kyla squealed when she saw me.

“Thanks, Mira,” Nathan said, smiling at me.

“How are you, child? Why isn’t your husband with you?”

“Ahhh, you know how it is, Auntie. If you’re a workaholic, you get really busy.” I lied, a
nervous chuckle emitting from my throat.
Only Kyla and my other close friends knew about my situation.

“Excuse me, Mom, Dad, and Kuya. Kyla and I are just gonna talk about something. I miss her so much.” Kyla said to her family before she dragged me away.

When we were far from them, we stopped at a vacant table.

“You look gorgeous tonight, bestie,” she gushed as we sat down.

“Duh, am I only beautiful tonight?” I replied snottily and rolled my eyes, causing her to laugh.

“Aha, not just tonight, of course. Hey, wait here. I’m just gonna get us some drinks.”
I nodded and waited for Kyla.

“Hi, gorgeous. Are you alone?” I looked over my shoulder to make sure that I was the one this handsome fellow was talking to. But no one was comparable to Marco.

“Do you see someone beside me that I don’t see?”

“Snobby much? I’m just trying to make friends.” He said, scratching the back of his neck. I laughed lightly at his actions.

Cute.

“Hey, somebody’s laughing!” He said and sat across from me. “So now I’m your happiness? Ayieee.” He added teasingly.

“Don’t be so assuming. I was just laughing at you, because you’re cute.” I said, still laughing.

“I like the way you smile. It makes you look more gorgeous.” He said seriously, and my
laughter ceased immediately.

I wish I could hear those words from the person I love.

“Oh, why did you stop? Did I say something wrong?” he asked, concern evident in his tone.

“No, you’re fine. I just remembered something is all.” I replied sadly and cast my eyes downward.

“Cheer up, being sad doesn’t suit you. Just smile; it makes you more beautiful.” He said.

A smile crept onto my face. He’s a good guy, after all. I wish Marco were like him.

“By the way, I’m Nathan Lopez. And you?”

“Mira… Mira Alfonte—”

“Cruz… Mira Cruz is the name of my wife. Now get out of my sight before I punch you.” A voice rang out from behind me, cutting me off.

I froze, the muscles in my body suddenly tensing up, at the sound of the sharp, angry voice.

From the tone in his voice, one could tell that he wanted to hurt someone but he was holding himself back because many people were watching.

But instead of walking away, Nathan spoke up.

“What if I don’t want to? What are you gonna do about it? Besides, it looks like your wife is scared of you. What if I steal her from you and she becomes happy with me?” He stood up from his seat, a grin forming on his lips.

I shut my eyes tightly because of Nathan’s words. He was aggravating the situation.

The visitors who were dancing and jabbering moments ago were staring at us.

“You’re a bastard!” Marco was about to punch Nathan, but I stood up and got a hold of his polo.

“Marco, please. Not here.” I said softly but loud enough for him to hear.

“Oh, don’t tell me you’re gonna chicken out?” Nathan said tauntingly.

“Fuck you—”

“Will you two cut it out? You’re making a scene!” I screamed and broke down crying.

“This isn't over, Lopez. Remember that.”

Marco said before he dragged me out of the house.

To be continue ❤️.