Chapter 16

-MIRA’S POV-

After we were finished screaming, Charles and I sat in the sand and waited for the sunset.

“It’s beautiful,” I remarked in awe.

I didn’t expect that Charles and I would be together in this kind of situation. It was also my first time watching the sunset with a guy.

He was also the first one to give me a necklace that I wanted.

“Yeah, it’s beautiful,” he said while staring at me. I felt uneasy under his gaze so I looked away.

After we watched the sunset, we drove off in the direction of the house.

The car halted in front of the gate. I was about to get out when he suddenly spoke up.

“Can I get your number?” he asked seriously, giving me his cell phone.

Of course. How could I say no?

“Ah yeah, sure.” I added my number in his contacts list before I handed the device back to him.

A moment later my cell phone rang. I fished it out of my pocket.

“That’s my number. Save it. Call me when you need me.” He said, exiting the car, and I followed suit.

“Thank you. I feel better because of you.” I said sincerely.

“Welcome, just call me when you need me. I’ll be there.” He told me and winked.

I laughed at his gesture.

“Sure. Take care on your way home.” I said and waved.

When Charles’ car was out of sight, I headed inside. I saw Marco’s car parked in the garage.

“Having fun with other guys, huh?” Marco asked as he grabbed me, pulling me to his chest.

“I’m the one who should be saying that to you, Marco, and not the other way around. How was it? Did it feel good? If you’re gonna sleep around, at least do it somewhere that’s not your office, Marco. Do you not have any money to rent a room at a motel?” I said with irritation.

For a moment he was taken aback by my words. Then his nostrils flared.

“Are you saying that you’re taking revenge because of what you saw? Mira?” He yelled at me and pushed me against the wall.

“No, I’m not, Marco. I’m not like you who would sleep with any girl. You’re dirtier than a pig.” He was about to slap me when I spoke again.

“Go ahead, hit me. That’s what you’re good at, right? Hurting me, not only physically but also emotionally.” I told him sharply.

He lowered his hand, and I took a deep breath.

“Don’t worry, Marco. Because starting today, we will treat each other like strangers here at home. You can do anything you want, so don’t worry. I’m tired of you now, Marco. I’m done hoping that you will love me back.” After I said all that I wanted to say, I left him there with his hand balled into a fist.

When I entered my room, I laid in my bed and looked up at the ceiling.

“I hope I can forget you, Marco, because it would hurt too much if I keep loving you like this.” I said to myself before I fell into a deep slumber.