Chapter 15

-MIRA’S POV-

I could see Marco’s large company outside. It’s my second time coming here. Nothing had changed. I entered the building and used Marco’s private elevator.

I saw Marco’s secretary who looked pale and nervous.

“Are you okay, Miss?” She was sweating profusely.

“I-I’m okay,” she stammered.

“Is Marco inside?”

“Yes, but Sir is busy right now, Ma’am.” She bowed her head and bit her lip.

“It’s okay, I’ll just wait inside.” I was about to enter the office when she grabbed my arm and shot me a worried look.

Upon realizing what she did, she let go of my hand.

I did not open the door too wide though it was wide enough for me to see the recklessness that Marco was getting himself involved in.

Shit. I thought he was gonna try his best to love me.

HA-HA-HA I’m so assuming.

“Ha-ha-ha. On a second thought, I’m not going in there. Your boss is very busy.” I said and left.

The moment I entered the elevator, the tears started falling.

Right when I exited the building, a car suddenly halted in front of me so I went inside.

I felt the engine start, and I merely sat there without saying a word.

My crying was the only sound that could be heard inside the car. I was like a child sobbing because they just lost their mother.

Boys are jerks. They always break the promises they make.

In their eyes, we girls are nothing more than toys.

Several hours passed before I felt the car stop. The driver got out of the vehicle.

I wiped my tears, and though my vision was slightly blurred, I could still see the beach.

I exited the car. My eyes swept over the vicinity. It was too quiet here; there was no sound except for the waves of the sea. I looked at the driver dude who had his back to me.

“Why did we stop?” I asked.

Who knows, he may have something dirty planned, right?

I’m just having a dramatic moment.

“Because you need to relax your mind.”

Wow, English? Taxi drivers must have leveled up—

Wait.

The latest BMW?

What in the world? Who is this guy?

“Excuse me, who are you?” Why was I so stupid to just randomly enter a car without knowing who the driver was?

“It’s me…”

Everything seemed to be in slow motion as he turned around to face me.

“Charles.” He flashed me a wide smile, so I heaved a sigh of relief. I thought it was someone else; good thing it’s just Charles.

Remember the one who gave me a necklace? He’s the one with me right now.

What if he was a kidnapper or something?

Kidnapping was not uncommon nowadays.

“How’d you recognize me? I mean, I was looking down earlier.” I explained.

“I already knew it was you because of what you’re wearing.”

“Impressive. You have a good memory; can’t believe you memorized my outfit.” I said as I went next to him and leaned against the car.

I couldn’t recognize him earlier.

“We just met a while ago, and you already forgot about me? You hurt my feelings.” He said, sounding hurt while holding his chest.

“Being dramatic now, are we?” I laughed and hit his shoulder playfully.

I know, I know. I’m feeling too close to him.

“You okay now?” he asked with concern, looking intently into my eyes.

“Yeah, a little.” I looked away from him and fixed my gaze on the sea.

“Care to share? I may not be good at comforting, but it can help you unload some of that excessive baggage in your heart.” He said, his eyes trained on the sea.

For a moment I thought about his words.

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to,” he added.

“I just saw my husband kissing another girl in her office. I’m used to it, but it hurt a lot, because he told me to go there, but that’s what I saw when I arrived? Him fooling around with someone else? It hurts, doesn’t it? He said he’d try his best to love me but what did he do? Instead of giving his attention to me, he gives it to others. It’s my fault, anyways, for believing him.” I said all of this while crying. Charles listened silently.

“Shhh. Enough now, he doesn’t deserve your precious tears.” He rubbed my back to calm me down.

He got some water and made me drink.

“Thank you,” I replied softly while wiping my tears.

Because of what I did, the heaviness in my heart was slightly eased.

“Ahhh. YOU’RE A JERK! YOU MADE YOUR WIFE CRY!” I snapped my head to look at Charles when he shouted these words.

He’s carefree.

“It’s your turn. Scream as much as you want. It can help you feel better, trust me.” He said with a smile.

“YOU’RE SO BAD, MARCO.”

“YOU’RE A PIG. GO TOGETHER WITH YOUR BUNCH OF WHORES.”

“I HOPE YOU GET HURT LIKE I DO.”

“AHHH, I HATE YOU!”

We both broke into laughter at what we were doing. After I finished screaming, I felt so much better; it was like I had just released all of the anger and pain from my heart.

If you can’t love me, Marco, then I will just move on.

Starting today, I will try to forget everything about you…