Chapter 6

-MIRA’S POV-

“Where habe you been?”

When I entered the house, that was the first thing that Marco said.

I already expected it. He never really opened his mouth unless it was to scold me.

“Dad was rushed to the hospital so I paid him a visit,” I said softly, looking down. I was afraid, because I knew that any minute he was going to hurt me.

He came up to me and dragged me to his room.

“Do you expect me to believe in your nonsense? I called you one hundred times, but you never answered. Did you have so much fun with your man that you couldn’t even answer my call?” He pulled on my hair, dragging me to the room.

*BANG*

I shrieked because he slammed the door so hard. Marco grew angier by the second. He was such a demon, but I just couldn’t walk away.

I was telling him the truth, but he refused to believe me.

“I-I’m telling the truth Mar—” I did not finish my sentence when he suddenly pushed me and pinned my hands against the wall.

“Who was that guy, then? Who brought you home, Mira? You think I don’t know that’s a guy, huh?” He yelled angrily in my face.

“Not gonna answer my question? I asked you, who brought you home?” I nearly went deaf from his shouting, because we were facing each other closely.

“I-It was N-Nathan.”

*PAK*

I received a hard slap from him, and tears flowed freely from my eyes.

“I really regret marrying you. You’re a whore.” He said coldly before he left.

Was it always going to be like this? Why didn’t he give me a chance to explain?

If only you knew, Marco.

I also thought about blaming myself, but I couldn’t have done what you’re accusing me of, because I love you too much.

***

-MARCO’S POV-

I took a seat in front of the bar across from a sexy waitress.

Ugh, she’s so hot. I haven’t even started drinking yet, and I was already so drawn to her.

“Hey, bro. What happened that made you invite us to go to the bar? Have you finally fallen for your wife?” James said playfully as he broke into a fit of laughter.

“Idiot, I had nothing to do; that’s why I invited you guys here. That girl is no fun to be around. Tsk.” Just the sight of her face annoyed me.

It’s like she wasn’t a girl. She didn’t even know how to doll herself up; she thought she was already beautiful and didn’t need to do so. She would only look beautiful if she had makeup on. Tsk.

“Hey, idiot. It’s your treat today, okay? You’re the one who invited us, not the other way around.” These words came from Clark, who just arrived and stared at the hard drink in front of him.

What an imbecile. From the way he drank, it was as if there were plenty of livers reserved for him.

Well, we were rich, after all. We could buy anything we wanted.

“Tsk, shut up and just drink,” I said as I turned to the hard drink that I ordered.

I wanted to get drunk today. I wanted to forget that dumb girl. Fuck, why did I even marry that slutty pathetic excuse for a girl? Tsk.

“Why don’t you just tell us what's troubling you, dude?” James asked seriously.

“Nothing. I’m just pissed because that ugly creature is still at home. I wish she would just vanish from my sight.” I replied angrily.

I was too stressed because of that girl who did nothing but flirt around. Tsk.

“Why don’t you tell her that you got another girl pregnant?”

“Tsk, do you think that she’ll leave? It’s like a leech. Even if it’s being swatted away, it still sticks to you.” I continued pouring alcohol, one glass after the other.

“Then make her suffer. She will leave once she get s tired.” He said with a devilish grin.

To be continue ❤️.