4| Dreams or Reality?

Paisley's POV
"A Macallan please." He ordered and I shook my head to stop staring at him.
"A Macallan...wow. You are darn rich aren't you"

He chuckled and took a sip from his glass.

"I mean c'mon...a single glass of that is worth three bottles of this" I slurred... pointing to my drink.

"So... what's your excuse for being here at this hour...all alone? Your friends dumped you or something?" He asked...watching me carefully.

I chuckled and winced as the last drop of my second bottle of whiskey burned down my throat.

"My...my friends would never. I just needed some time alone."

"This doesn't seem like alone to me ...you're surrounded by shit loads of drunk strangers..."

"Strangers..yes. Not someone who knows what I'm feeling or not trying to feel. What about you? What's yours"

"What's what" he asked with a slight smirk.

"Your excuse for being here...You know it almost feels like you're following me."

Just as I was about to open my third bottle he took it and shook his head. "You're already drunk enough..I won't let you have another one"

"And what are you? My fairy mother goddess?" I slurred and he huffed.

"Can you stand?" He asked, typing away on his phone.

Silly.. I thought as I struggled to stand...my feet were wobbly and he caught me just in time to steady me.

"I thought I was silly" he asked with a smirk

I said that out loud?

"Yes you did*

That too?

"Yes that too"

I shook my head and decided to just shut the hell up.

" We have to go." He said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Who's we" I asked, laughing sluggishly.

He concentrated more on his phone and his brows furrowed.

"You look like your girlfriend of five years just sent you a break up message" I slurred and he gave me a side smirk.

"That would've been sad...if I had a girlfriend in the first place"
He said the last part so lowly I almost thought I was hallucinating..and maybe I was.

Either way...the thought of him not having a girlfriend was beginning to excite me for all the wrong reasons.

Suddenly...abcdefyu boomed on the speakers and I couldn't help sing along.

I was into you but I'm over it now, and I was tryna be nice
But nothing's getting through so let me spell it out...

"Paisley!!"

A b c d e f you and your Mom and your Sister and your job and your broke ass car and that shit you call art..

"Zoey Stop!" I chuckled at Ethan's scared face as I climbed on the nearest table. By now a few people were already laughing

"Paisley seriously..."

Fuck you!! And your friends that I'll never see again.. everybody but your dog you can all fuck off!!!

"That's enough Zoey come down now" Ethan insisted but I blocked him off
Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah....

"Okay Miss that's enough come down "
The music died and I looked down to see a security officer staring at me.

I raised a brow to look at Ethan who just shrugged his shoulders.

"Party pooperr!!" I shouted and hit the security officer with an ice cube.

Soon everyone was throwing anything at him. I felt strong arms carry me through the crowds.

That smell..."Ethan?"

"Just shut up if you don't want to spend the rest of your night drunk and alone in a stinking cell."
He warned and I listened.

A cold breeze swept at my arms and I shivered and threw my hands on his neck...lying on his chest. I felt him come to an instant halt and his heartbeat increased.

"Here." I heard him say and I struggled to stand on my wobbly feet as he threw his leather jacket over my small frame.

He then made me wear an helmet.
"Open your eyes Paisley" He said and I opened them.. laughing.

"I swear to God I didn't know I was closing them!! Am I really that wasted?"

He hopped on his black sleek bike and revved the engine.

"Hey you!! Stop right there." I heard a voice and saw the security officer from earlier.

"Oh fuck me" I muttered, freezing as Ethan revved the engine louder.

"Later...but if you don't hop on this goddamn bike right now I won't be able to do that in a cell" He stated and that's when my mind cleared.

I immediately hopped on the bike and circled his waist with my arms.

"I said stop!!"

"Go go go Ethan c'mon!" I shouted and Ethan sped off just before the officer could reach us.

"That was close" I shouted... laughing.

I heard police sirens behind us and shook my head

"Uuh...Ethan??" I called, holding onto him tighter.

"What Zoey?"

"Behind us"

"You've gotta be shittin me..Not today damnit!"

We sped right past a red stop sign and I gasped. It felt like all the alcohol had suddenly felt my system.

"Ethan I guess we should uuhm..Shit"
I gasped as we passed a police patrol car.

"Just hold on tight Zoey!!" He shouted and I clung to his waist impossibly tighter.

He made a few sharp corners and turns that made me feel like throwing up.

I could no longer hear the police sirens and I smiled against his back.

"We made it". I said quietly as we slowed down.

I felt us come to a halt and I tried to open my eyes to see where we were.
My head did a spin and I breathed out...exhausted.

I woke up with a start to find myself on my bed...in the middle of the night. There were arms circling me and I shook my head severally. Was all that a dream?

"Ethan?"
"Ethan's gone...it's just me. It's Hunter."
Hunter? My head did one final spin and I gave in to the sleep I was in so much need of.

Thanks for reading !
Keep reading...it's definitely worth it.
Comment and vote
Love, Malyun 🦋