11| Likes?

Paisley's POV

I was getting ready to leave with Paxton when the door swung open and the one person I didn't feel like seeing walked in. He stopped to stare at me before Paxton cleared his throat behind us.

"Someone had a rough night" Paxton stated, earning a dirty look from Ethan before he went upstairs without a word.

So he wasn't going to apologize?

Why was I feeling so bothered though? Was he even the same person I shared that beautiful moment with hours ago?

I should just ignore him. Show him that I too didn't give a fuck. Because honestly...

"You good?" Paxton broke me from my thoughts and I flashed him a small smile to assure him.

***
The drive to campus was awkwardly quiet until Paxton broke it.

"Do you like Ethan?" He asked, gripping the steering wheel harder.

"Why would you ask that?"

"Of course you do." He chuckled dryly before continuing,

"You all do. I mean, I really don't get it. He's... Not charming or kind. Hell he's my brother and I don't want to sound so bitter but he can be an asshole..."

"Look, whatever messed up shit you got going on between you two, that's none of my business and I don't want to be a part of it."

"It's not just you yk." I raised a brow at him but his eyes were fixated on the road.

"I mean if you're thinking that he likes you you're wrong. To him you're just another trophy he needs to claim before me. He always does that. With all the girls I show a slight interest in."

His words stung so deep and I couldn't tell what hurt so much. The fact that Ethan was just using me or the fact that Paxton just said that whole shitload to me.

"You know what? I'm sorry. So sorry that your brother has got you so goddamn insecure that you can't see when a girl is really down for you..."

"I see the way you look at him Paisley. If you're going to choose him over me I'd like to know before this, whatever we're doing gets any..."

"I...I just can't with you."

I said and before he could utter another word I opened the door leaving him no choice but to stop the car.
"I'm sorry Paisley I didn't mean to offend you it's just that..."

"Yeah Paxton I get it. You're worried I'll fuck your brother. Choose him over you. Cause I'm a whore and whores do that all the time. Save yourself from that trauma and leave me the fuck alone."

I closed the car door so hard that a few people shot me some stares.

"What?! Lost a shoe? Shoo. Walk"

I snapped at them and continued my walk to campus.

Why was I so mad? Maybe Paxton was right. Maybe I really did like Ethan. And that's what hurt. That no matter how much of an asshole he was I couldn't get him off my head.

I was mad because Paxton was right there, the perfect guy who was so into me, who was caring and gentle and...sweet. All that and I still couldn't get the kiss we had out of my head. I couldn't stop imagining it was him fucking my brains out the other night. Yes. The whole time Paxton and I were ruining each other I had his brother in mind.

There was just something about him that got me hooked. I have to stop feeling this...

"Hola!" Mila greeted as her driver dropped her off.