7| Fears

Paisley's POV

It had been two weeks since I last saw Paxton and... kissed his brother. My life is way more complicated than the Kardashians' right?

Exams were almost starting and I had to study hard to impress my father because I needed his money after all.

Sky and I were in the library when I felt something soft tingle my neck. I jumped back suddenly..and the sounds of my chair screeching on the tiles earned me a few stares.

I looked back to find Mila holding a milkshake to my face. I rolled my eyes and resumed reading.
She had ghosted us all week because she was hooking up with Owen..violating the girl code number 001... Hoes before bros I mean y'all would be mad too right?

She sat on the empty chair across me and Sky and pushed the two milkshakes on the table. Sky didn't even look up at her.

"Come on guys I'm sorryyy"
...
"Guys? I even bought you your favorite milkshakes!!"

"And that's just supposed to make us feel better about everything right?" Sky snapped and a few shhs were thrown to our table.

"No...but can we atleast hang out today? I mean its Friday after all.."

"We're studying for the exam that you don't seem so concerned about by the way" I said quietly as if I was talking to myself

"We..we can study together!" Mila said desperately

"I'm just really sorry...I promise it won't happen again. Forgive me..pleease?"

I looked up at her and wished I hadn't. She had her lips in the cutest pout you can never say no to and those puppy eyes with tears on the brim..

"Ookay...but its only because you brought my favorite milkshake." I said... Smiling at her.

"Thank you..thank you Ley. Sky?"

I looked at Sky who was trying so hard to seem mad and poked her. She burst out laughing and all of us followed.

"I'm gonna have to ask you to leave" A stern voice cut us short and we looked up to find Mr Froggy Four eyes staring down at us.

"You know so well that snacks aren't allowed in this area and that silence..." He continued

"Its okay Mr..." I actually don't know his name. Oh shit. I looked at Sky who was trying her best to hold in her laugh and then back to Mila..

"..Sir...sorry for the disturbance we were leaving anyway" Mila helped in and I mouthed a thank you to her.

As soon as we were out of the library Sky started imitating his voice...she was always so good at it that you couldn't resist the urge to laugh til your ribs ached.

Mila dropped me off at my place...thankfully because apparently Sky had plans with a "friend" whose identity would remain "unknown" to us because it wasn't our "right" to be involved in her "business". Her words not mine.

I unlocked the door to my apartment and got in...immediately stripping off. I breathed...relieved that the tedious semester was finally coming to an end..after the exams. I had had classes all week and although the exam was the bigger headache...I couldn't be more glad the week was finally over. I put on some music and headed for the shower.
Summer was already here and the weather outside wasn't kind on anyone's skin.

After I had showered and jumped into my pajamas I decided to go back to the living room.
I stood frozen at the door as I saw the one face I had been ignoring for the last two weeks sitting comfortably on my couch.

" Uuhm...sorry to barge in like this..I knocked but you couldn't hear me andd the door was open soo..."

"Hey Paxton"