5(ii)| The Party

I was unlocking my door when I felt a presence behind me. I turned around and found Ethan lying on the wall casually, smoking a blunt.

What the hell was he doing here?
*********~~~***********~~~

"I didn't know you smoked." I said and unlocked my door. I heard him get in and close the door.

"You never asked."

He looked terrible...

"Paisley I need to tell you something." He said and I became alarmed.

"I'm liste..." My phone rang and I rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry but I have to take this. "
I excused myself to my bedroom and took it.

"Dad?"
"Hey..are you okay?"
"Yes I am... I don't need money."
"I know you don't. I was just checking up on you."

My Dad? Checking up on me?

"Listen.. I know I haven't been the best Dad but I'm trying to be involved more in your life..I hope you'll let me try and bring back the old relationship we had."

"Uuhm..Okay. I appreciate it." I said, unsure of what to say.

"Honey who's on the phone?"

I heard a woman's voice and immediately hung up. I felt tears sting my eyes and I blinked back rapidly. So that was what all that was about.
He feels guilty that he's moving on from Mom?

I went back to the living room to find Ethan gone. Shit.

The day went by really fast. I slept and woke up at around 7 to get ready for the party.

My phone dinged and I checked...it was a message from Paxton..asking if I was coming and whether he should come pick me up.

I was getting a little too excited and I shook the stupid feeling off. I texted back and told him that I'd come with my friends. I got into the bathroom and spent about 30 minutes ...shaving and scrubbing my body.

When I got out I felt my front door close and I went to the living room only to find a box lying on my couch. I opened it and found a beautiful pair of grey lace boots.

There was no note whatsoever and I knitted my eyebrows in confusion

There was no note whatsoever and I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. I carried them into my bedroom and searched for something to wear.. I wasn't in the mood for any skimpy outfits and I finally settled on my ragged jeans and a white woolen sweater. I decided to let my hair down and decided not to wear the boots til I knew where they came from. I chose my fluffy flip-flops and a black purse, wore light make up and I was ready to go.

 I chose my fluffy flip-flops and a black purse, wore light make up and I was ready to go