AST

The AST floating above the pair spread out in the air, firing missiles that aimed to bomb the ground indiscriminately, making it impossible to dodge. They probably hadn't seen Shido yet, as they never would've used that strategy otherwise.

Shido stared at the approaching missiles with a little bit of exasperation, but his conversation with Tohka was now over. He made a show of being scared and falling backwards, but the missiles predictably exploded several meters above their heads, blocked by an invisible barrier created by none other than Tohka, who had decided to take care of the larger threat before dealing with him. She gazed up at the approaching Wizards with both annoyance and a deep sadness.

"Can't you all just....... LEAVE ME ALONE?!"

Following the heavy shout, she swung her Angel, Sandalphon, vertically with a force that seemed impossible for her thin arms. A flying slash, just like the one she had tried to use on Shido flew towards the AST with frightening speed, forcing them to dodge to either side.

Following the evasive action, they all swarmed towards her, attempting to land a single blow. Most of their attacks fizzled out or were blocked by invisible walls before ever reaching the Spirit, while the ones that did get through were slashed apart by the glowing Sandalphon or shattered uselessly against her shimmering Astral Dress.

When they got close enough, the Wizards switched to melee, realizing that their ranged attacks had practically no effect. One charged at Tohka from the front, trying to attack her head-on, but was met with Sandalphon, which smashed them, sword and all, into a wall.

Another Wizard attacked Tohka from the side by thrusting their blade towards her, trying to take advantage of the distraction the first Wizard made, but Tohka casually swung her fist, knocking the sword off to the side, causing it to barely graze past her back. The offending Wizard crashed directly into her unmoving fist, crumpling to the floor unconsciously. Tohka made no effort to finish them off, instead turning her attention to the rest of the squad.

Meanwhile, Shido was recovering from his fake fall when a familiar face descended in front of him. Origami Tobiichi, the famous genius of their school. She had the highest grades in everything, from math to PE. She was wearing the same CR unit as the rest of the squad and had an angry expression on her face (which was rare, since she normally was expressionless).

"Shido? What the hell are you doing here?!"

Understandably, she seemed agitated at his presence near a Spirit.

"Tobiichi? What are you doing here?" Shido feigned innocence with a puzzled expression. "I was just running to find my sister, but somehow this happened."

It seemed like she was about to reply, but at that moment, an attack from Tohka came flying in, which she was forced to block with her Territory.

"Talk later, I have to deal with her first!"

She turned and flew towards the ongoing battle. Tohka had already turned away, fending off the other Wizards who had tried to attack, but when Origami came within a meter or so, Tohka spun back towards her, as if she was already aware of her presence. Their weapons clashed in a shower of sparks, but neither was repelled, surprising Tohka a little bit.

Origami with the blade of light, No Pain.
Tohka with her angel, Sandalphon.

The clash between the two quickly showed the overwhelming difference in power between Tohka and Origami, but the attacks from the other Wizards managed to distract Tohka enough to keep Origami barely afloat. After a few seconds, however, Tohka launched a flying slash at Origami, who was in no position to block. She was launched into the ground by the impact, but came out mostly unscathed, as her Territory had absorbed most of the impact. However, the flying slash kept going, heading straight for Shido.