Angel

[A/N] Long chapter ahead, as a sorry for my absence.

"Uh, listen up, everyone! There is a fairly sad announcement that I need to make..."

Everyone perked their ears up when they heard Tama's depressed tone.

"Unfortunately, Tobiichi Origami will be transferring to another school."

A clamor erupted in the classroom, but calmed down after the teacher pointed at a certain student.

"Itsuka, what you do want to ask?"

Shido stood up, asking with a fairly calm face.

"To what school did she transfer?"

Tama scratched at her face, a little troubled.

"Uhhh, I didn't get the details, but it's somewhere in Britain?"

That makes sense, I guess...
Origami had been recruited by DEM, so it stood to reason that she would be transferring to a British school, just like last time. That didn't mean he had to like it, though.

He sighed and sat back down, ignoring the stares of his classmates.

...

"As expected, huh?"

The empty room before Shido showed no signs of anybody having lived there before, completely bare of personal items and furniture. Origami Tobiichi had already moved out. He could've checked with Rasiel, of course, but he needed to be here anyway, so why not check up on it himself?

He let out a sigh and left.
As he passed through the exit, the appearance of a white-haired girl stopped him.

"Origami?"

"Shido. Follow me."

He was just about forcefully dragged off by her towards a random street, hardly giving him time to question her.

"W-wait, Origami?! What-"

"Shh. This way."

"Where are we?"

The area around them seemed deserted, a small alleyway that Shido had no idea existed.
Origami took turn after turn, before finally coming to a halt.

"Phew.. what did you want to show me?"

"I'm sorry."

Shido noticed Origami's hand over his mouth and nose, holding a weird-smelling cloth over it.
A second later, he realized what it was, but was too late to escape the pull of unconciousness.

...

As he awoke, Shido found he couldn't move. His body simply didn't respond to his instructions.
As he slowly became aware of himself, he realized that he was tied to a chair. Very firmly, at that.
He could only move his face and neck a little.

"?!"

He drew in a sharp breath when he opened his eyes to the sight of Origami Tobiichi leaning in a tad too close.

"Oh. You're awake."

"Why do you sound disappointed?! And why can't I move right now?"

"Paralyzing poison. Sorry."

She turned around and pulled out a bottle of water, taking a little bit of it in her mouth and approached Shido.

"Wait, what are you doing?!"

Origami paused for a second and swallowed the water before replying.

"...You need to drink water."

"I can drink it out of the bottle!"