11

MATILDA! CHAPTER ELEVEN:
MOVIE NIGHT OR
FIGHT NIGHT?
______________

Yeah It was tradition in the OBX to have a movie night every summer. Kie and Liz had dragged JJ and Pope along despite them not wanting to come, and insisting that they stay home. Liz knew why they didn't want to come but come on, they couldn't hide forever, right?

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this."

"Keep calm. Carry on." Liz smiled "Back to OBX life"

"Aren't you glad we made you come?" Kie asked the boys

"Ecstatic."

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest." JJ said, and Liz went with Kie to get drinks

"Can I get two cokes please?" Kie asked and the lady handed her two as she handed the money

"Hey Liz, Kie" Liz turned around to face Rafe.

"Hey" Kie answered for Liz

"what's up? How are you?"

"I'm fine." Liz stated

"Good, good. Um... tell your boy, we know what he did" Rafe said making Liz furrowed her eyebrows and her heart only beated faster 

"What?" Liz

"What boy are you talking about?"

"He'll know" Rafe nodded slightly before leaning closer to Liz's ear "we're closer than you think Liz. Just ask your mom" Rafe smirked before walking away and Liz followed him as she grew confused. Kie looked at her for some kind of answer. Liz shook her head before walking to sit back with JJ and Pope. she sat beside JJs seat and he saw how shaken she was, putting a hand on her shoulder lightly.

"we just saw Rafe, and he said, and I quote, Tell your boy that we know what he did." Kie said "What is that?" She asked 

"Um..."

"Where is he?" JJ asked

"Right there" Liz looked back to see Topper, Rafe, Tommy and Kelce all in a line.

"Great, the whole death squad."

"Don't stare."

"Just warning you, bro. If they corner me, I'm coming out swinging, okay? Slice and dicin'. I'm on edge right now."

"Yeah, yeah."

"If that doesn't work, I got this right here." JJ picked up his backpack. Liz and Kie shared another look, knowing well what he meant

"Yeah, yeah. So, we just gotta stay in the group. They can't get us in the group."

"Like a school of fish. Stay in the school. Can't leave the school."

"I'm sorry, JJ... Please tell me that you did not bring a gun here. JJ, there are kids." Liz whisper yelled at JJ

"No! Buffy, I didn't bring the gun. everything's fine, okay?"

"Wow, thank you. That's really convincing. I love that, JJ. Founding principle, you guys. No secrets amongst Pogues. What is Rafe talking about?" Kie asked

"Kie. it might go down tonight." JJ said

"What does that mean? 'Might go down tonight.' What did y'all do?"

"JJ?" Pope whispered halfway through the movies

"What?"

"Gotta take a piss."

"Hold it." Liz told him

"I can't hold it. I drank too much soda."

"It's too exposed. They'll totally see us."

"I gotta go." Pope urged and they looked back towards the bathrooms where all three stood as if they were just waiting to pounce.

"They're blocking the bathrooms."

"Come here. I know where." JJ and Pope went to stand up

"Hey, where y'all going?" Kie asked

"We gotta wring it out."

"You gonna hold it for each other?"

A few minutes later Liz got worried because it should not have taken so long for them to go to the bathroom. She looked back to see the four Kooks, all gone from their seats. Liz swore under her breath and sighed before turning to Kie.

"Meet me behind the screen in like 2 minutes" Liz stated seriously before getting up and running to the back to see all six of them fighting. Liz gasped before running towards Kelce who was holding JJ, with Rafe punching him.

"Get off of him!" Liz yelled pushing Kelce away from JJ but she was suddenly pulled away and pushed. She turned to see Tommy walking towards her quickly.

"Tommy" Liz groaned before Tommy threw a harsh punch, Liz dodged it quickly and returned the punch.

"Your dead, Hart. Dead!" Tommy yelled before grabbing her shoulder and punching her making her audibly cry.

"Fuck you!" Liz yelled, kicking his side, than punching the side of his head. Tommy let out a loud yell, charging towards Liz and tackling her to the ground. Tommy hovered over her, placing his hands around her neck tightly. Liz started to panic as her eyes grew wide, slapping Tommy's arm trying to get him away.

"Tommy—stop" she said before tears erupted in her eyes. Liz let out a cry as she slowly started to accept the fact Tommy would actually kill her. than she got an Idea, and lifted her leg to hit his groin. His grip immediately loosened as she let out a gasp. She than lifted her knee to his nose, pushing him off of her. She stood in front of him, as he looked up to her in anger. Liz threw a punch at the side of Tommy's head, before noticing the screen set of fire. The fire spread very quickly.

"Guys! Fire!" Kie yelled and Rafe, Tommy, Topper and Kelce ran off almost unharmed except for Tommy who probably had a broken nose. Liz didn't even think before she quickly ran over to JJ, lowering herself down to him on the ground and cupping his face.

"Are you okay?" She asked and he nodded before she hugged him tightly.

"Are you?" JJ asked

"I'm fine" she stated before pulling away