38

MATILDA! CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT:
FIGHTING DIRTY
______________

Liz walked over to her house and was greeted by her mother. Liz's face was puffy and she immediately walked into her moms arms. "Mom they can't kill him can they?"

"They won't Liz" her mom hummed "where's JJ?" She asked

"He wanted to go visit John B. Alone" Liz stated and her mom nodded before Liz walked to her room.

Liz was walking around her room when she received a text message from an unknown number.

xxx-xxx-xxxx :

meet me at the docks tonight at 8. I have information
that could mean life or death for your friend John B. Come alone.

She read the text, her stomach dropping. She really didn't want it meet this random person but she'd do anything to save John B. She new she had to go alone, because Pope and Kie were busy trying to find the Key for Limbrey, and JJ was off probably doing something stupid.

That night Liz snuck off on her bike towards the docks. She put her bike down and slowly approached the end of the dock. She felt her heart race before a voice came form behind her.

"I didn't think you'd have to guts to come 'Darlin" Tommy's voice said and she turned around to face him. He had a smirk on his face

"It was you" Liz muttered

"Yeah" Tommy laughed "I'm surprised you actually came alone"

"you were lying? About the stuff about John B?"

"Of course I was. You actually thought I would give you information to save your killer friend?"

"He didn't kill her!" Liz exclaimed, stepping forwards but Tommy did as well, much bolder. He stood right in front of her. He smirked down at her.

"You know I miss you Betty" Tommy muttered, brining his hand to her chin and gripping it harshly

"No you don't" Liz shook her head

"Oh but I do" Tommy moved her head harshly and she groaned

"Tommy stop" she said but he grabbed her throat making her gasp

"Don't tell me what to do" he muttered

"Fuck you!" Liz yelled through his grip, kicking her leg between his and he dropped her yelling out in pain but as Liz tried to get up and escape Tommy grabbed her hair pulling her back

"You wanna fight dirty huh?" Tommy's voice shook "try to fight while your heads underwater" Tommy said before pushing her head into the water she threw her hands around and screamed under the water but Tommy's grip was too hard. She felt herself start not being able to do anything. She couldn't breathe. She couldn't see. She couldn't move.

She thought, this is how she's gonna die. She'll never see JJ again. She'll never know if John B was killed. She'll never get another fact from Pope. And she'll never get another girls day with Kie or Sarah.

Liz was about to let these thoughts swarm her mind, and she was gonna give up but suddenly she was let go for a moment but quickly pulled up from the water into someone's arms. Liz coughed as she finally had air and let out small set of cries.

"Hey, hey it's okay" a males voice said. she turned her head and She was met with a brown haired boy with green eyes. She'd never seen him before, like ever. "Your okay" he stated. Liz looked over to the side where Tommy laid unconscious.

"You—you did that?" Liz asked

"Yeah, I was docking my parents boat and I heard you guys a little bit but than I saw him shove you in the water and I rushed over." He explained

"Is he..dead?" Liz asked

"No I don't have that hard of a punch, I mean he deserved what I gave him." Liz nodded "what's your name?"

"Elizabeth" she answered "but people just call me Liddy"

"Okay" he nodded "I'm Sam. I just moved here a few days ago" he told her "on figure 8"

"Oh, okay" Liz nodded, still catching her breath

"Do you need a ride home? My house isn't far you can crash there I wanna make sure your okay"

"Oh okay" Liz said "are you sure?"

"Yeah of course you almost just died" Sam stated, standing up to stick a hand out to Liz

"You'd be surprised, It's not the first time" Liz let out a laugh and Sam looked to her in concern "what's gonna happen to him?" Liz asked as they began to walk away from Tommy. Sam pulled out his phone and held it up.

"Police" he answered simply