41

MATILDA! CHAPTER FOURTY ONE:
WARDS BIG BLOW
______________

Liz sat with Sarah and Kie in the sunroom as the boys sat inside yelling about how Ward was going to jail. Liz felt bad for Sarah, they were celebrating right in her face, her own father. Liz knew how much Sarah did love her father. Even if she hated him she still loved him. Liz wasn't sure how to feel about her biological father going to jail. She new he deserved it, but she just wished she had gotten an explanation to why he didn't want her.

"Adios! He out of there! Adios!" The boys cheered and Kie chuckled slightly before looking back to Sarah.

"Do you regret it?" Kie asked

"No. He deserves all of it, and I know that."

"He's your dad, I get it. Our dad" Liz told her "I'm sure it sucks to be in the middle" she said before Sarah's phone started to ring. She pulled it out and Liz saw Topper calling, but she wasn't sure if she was supposed to see it.

"Sorry" Sarah said to the two girls and they nodded

The gang was quickly on their feet and on the way to the Cameron's. Sarah and told them that they were going for Ward now. A warrant was signed and they would arrest him. Liz watched as all the cop cars headed towards the Cameron house. Liz had text her mom about it.

"Can you please hurray up I need to be there for Wheezie" Sarah told John B

"You think I wanna miss this?" John B responded and Liz saw Sarah give him a very bitter look. He stopped the car outside the Cameron's and looked over the concrete gate to see cop cars surrounding the house and the were going towards the docks.

"Screw it, I'm going over" John B said, pushing himself over the cement wall. The towers followed, JJ helping them up and they made their way to the doors where Wheezie was coming out. Sarah rushed towards Wheezie and hugged her tightly.

"Why's going on why are the police here again?" She asked

"Go inside. Don't come out" Sarah told her and they ran towards the docks where the police and Ward were. Liz held onto JJs hand as they got closer. Ward was on his boat. Liz immediately had a bad feeling about what was about to go down. It was all to perfect that they'd caught Ward and now he was going to take the easy way out.

"Dad" Sarah yelled and Ward looked towards the group of teens, mostly just his daughter's though.

"Sarah"

"Hey, you gotta let us through" John B told the cops

"That's Sarah Cameron let her through!"

"What are you doing here, Sarah?" Ward asked as all the teens got to the end of the dock.

"Dad! What are you doing?"

"Vic, you gotta get her out of here! she can't be here right now!"

"Just come on in, and you... you... you can talk to her!" Shoupe yelled

"Sarah I'm so sorry baby, I can't!" Ward lifted the anchor out of the water

"What are you doing? Dad! No, no, no!"

"What is he doing?" Liz exclaimed

"Ward! This ain't gonna end the way you want it to!" Boats began to come from the other side of the boat "you don't need her seeing this!"

"No, Dad don't leave! Where are you going?" Sarah asked

"I love you!" Ward yelled towards Sarah

"Hey! Dammit Ward!" Shoupe called while Ward climbed down to the 2nd floor, running into the room where they couldn't see him.

and only a few moments later, an explosion came from the boat, making Liz jump as the group stepped back, before a few more explosions and the whole boat blew up in smoke.

he had planned this.

Liz gasped, looking at the boat. Ward just killed himself. Liz felt her heart stop for a moment. Liz heard Sarah's broken voice cry and Liz felt JJs eyes on her as she slowly moved towards Sarah and wrapped her arms around her. She held onto Sarah as she fell to the ground sobbing. Liz mouth hung open at the sight of the boat still floating in the water. The black smoke and fire. She almost felt a tear in her eye. No matter how much she loathed Ward... he was her father.

"He deserved it, right?" JJ asked as they hung out near the docks. Liz stood beside him and Kie. Liz nodded.

"Are you joking? Of course he deserved it"

"Never seen anyone blow themselves up like that" Pope said.

"Cross that one off the bucket list"

"JJ!" Liz scolded the boy

"Sucks for Sarah" he said, in attempted to make up for it and Liz shook her head. Liz looked down to John B who was lying in the boat, emotionless. A part of her thought John B should have comforted Sarah. She could tell Sarah was already not the happiest with John B so she was worried what might happen.

"well what are we gonna say to Sarah? We haven't seen her since it happened" Liz asked looking around

"Just act normal I guess"

"She lost her dad J, we can't just act like nothing happened" Liz sighed

"We'll what about you Lids? He was your dad too?"

"Not a much of a dad" Liz shook her head "I'm fine he deserves it." Liz stated looking to JJ who was already looking at her. He quickly looked away.