34

MATILDA! CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR:
POGUE REUNION
______________

As they sat in the truck, Liz watched as Pope was brought back out and the man who opened the door was holding his arms. They followed a blonde lady, and by the look on Popes face it didn't look as if he wanted to.

"Uh does that look voluntary?" JJ asked and Liz shook her head

"Definitely not" Liz said and she turned to Kie "we need to find where their going"

"On that" Kie stated and she quickly started up the truck, starting to drive around the building. They didn't see Pope anywhere and Liz sighed as Kie slowed the truck down.

"Fuck this" Liz muttered, opening the door and flying out of the window and running along the brick wall.

"Liz! What are you doing?" JJ and Kie both exclaimed but she kept running and hurt yelling from over the wall. She quickly lifted her self over the wall.

She saw Pope being pushed down by the man who was holding him before and he held a taser.

"Pope!" She exclaimed, running towards the boy as JJ and Kie jumped as well getting the man to run off. Liz helped Pope up and over the wall, they all jumped into the truck.

"Who were those people?"

"That doesn't matter! Just get out of here!" Liz exclaimed before JJ stepped of the gas hard. JJ quickly steered the truck away from the man, turning quickly Making the tires screeched.

"Here we go now!" JJ pressed his foot on the gas a bit harder and Liz looked out the back window to see the man following them. Her head pounded and she turned to face JJ in the drivers seat.

"he's following us" Liz told him with a hint of worry in her voice and she watched the road

"This is a one-way" Pope announced

"Yeah thanks Blues Clues!" Liz exclaimed at Pope sarcastically 

"Go left, go left" Kie told him

"Go that way."

"This is a one way!" Pope and Kie bickered with each other beside Liz and JJ

"They're following us."

"Hey! There's another car! Turn now!" Liz yelled after realizing JJ wasn't paying attention

"Turn! Turn right!" JJ turned right very quickly making them all fly sideways a bit and right away two people were running across the road with gas in their hands but JJ was going far to quickly for Liz to even see who they were.

"Jesus, look out!" Liz exclaimed "Oh my God!"

"Get out of the road!"

"Those were people! Jesus Christ!"

"That was evasive driving technique right there, y'all." JJ told them and Cassie turned her head while her hair was in her face

"Where we going?" JJ asked "I'll lose him." JJ told them before turning into an alley before smoke started to come from the car.

"JJ!"

"Dude!"

"You said he fixed the carburetor— You said he fixed it!"

"No, no, no!"

"He did!"

"Shit!" Kie exclaimed

"Okay what now Mario?"

"Number one rule. Never trust mechanics!" JJ told them as they all got out of the car and the man's car turned into the alley

"Shit we gotta go around!" JJ grabbed Lizzes hand and started to pull her down the alley. As Liz ran she turned around and heard a click.