50

MATILDA! CHAPTER FIFTY:
NOTHING TO LOSE
____________

Liz, JJ and John B followed Rose in the Twinkie. They arrived at a boat. They pulled to the side, and made their way through to sneak into the loading place. Liz stood between John B and JJ as they looked around "Wait... the Coastal Venture. Dude I know that ship my dad did legs on her last summer. It's a total tramp steamer I worked on her in port"

"There's the cross, right there" John B pointed to a large box and three men were standing in from it. One of them was Rafe. Liz's eyes scanned over the boat and saw a head on blonde hair being pulled from a car.

"That's her" John B stated "guys, we gotta come up with a plan"

"I know I'm working on it" JJ muttered "if we get over to that barge we go over. Well have to get into that water , though."

"That's fine"

"Than we're gonna be sitting ducks" Liz stated

"Howdy" a voice came form behind them and Liz turned to see Kie and Pope.

"Oh my god I was about to stab ur eyes out" JJ stated and Liz smiled at the girl

"You look scared as shit"

"How'd you guys even find us?"

"How located your phone"

"Smart" JJ said and Liz nodded

"You okay? What happened?"

"Rafe, round three" Pope muttered

"Your freaking kidding me? Again?"

"This was a tie"

"You good?"

"Is that the cross?" Pope asked, ignoring their questions

"Yep"

"There holding Sarah hostage" John B stated

"We have to get on that boat" Kie added

"First we gotta get passed the goon squad"

"Okay, let's move" John B waved them to move but Pope didn't "what are you doing?"

"I have an idea. Trust me" Pope said, turning but John B stopped him

"Enough running man"

"Trust me, man. Go. I'll meet up with you guys" Pope continued to walk "go"

After a minute a gunshot went off and the nearby tanks exploded. Liz jumped back and JJs arm wrapped around her. She looked back at him for a minute, and he realized what he did, taking his hands slowly away. Everyone near them ran towards the fire, clearing a way for them to go.

"It's working" Kie said before Poor came running back

"Pope, what was that? Huh?" John b asked

"Look. That containers going on the ship" pope pointed towards a container "we can get in that way. Are you with Me?"

"Your a genius" John B dabbed Pope up before they began to head towards the Container. JJ looked out as Pope began to get in.

"Wait, woah" JJ said "did you think this through?" JJ asked

"Yeah this is the plan"

"That's a trap right there. We can't get out once we get in" JJ said

"Guys, you don't have to come" John B stopped JJ

"Right. This is our fight" Pope said before Helping John B in. JJ turned to Liz.

"Nothing to lose?" He asked and Liz turned to Kie who nodded

"Nothing to lose" the two girls said in sync before getting into the container. They all rushed to the back and Liz held her breath as she heard the shut. She heard an engine rev before the container halted, and the truck began driving.

The truck came to a stop and Liz looked around.

"We gotta be on the dock" JJ muttered before John B put up his finger for them to be quiet. Liz listened form above and a bunch of clanging came.

"What's that?" Pope asked before the Container began to be lifted and Liz fell forwards onto JJ. She felt him immediately grab onto her tightly before the container landed.

"We made it" JJ muttered before the hall shushed JJ. Liz slowly climbed off of JJ and went beside him.

John B slowly made his way up to the small window but right as he got there someone slammed their hand on the window. John B ducked, pushing his head onto the metal.

"Nice work John B. You know these things lock from the outside right?" JJ asked as Liz sat on the ground. She was crouched down and sweating.

"Okay, I was just trying to get us on the boat JJ, I wasn't thinking that far ahead" John B stated

"Now we're stuck in here like rats"

"It's hot" Kie muttered

"I'm this death cage!"

"JJ your not helping" Pope told the blonde.

"You don't have a lot of room to talk right now you said you had a plan but what happened to thinking ahead?"

"I find your lack of self knowledge disturbing"

JJ laughed, standing up "last I checked you shut an oil co roamed with the gat, remember that?"

"Oh my god. Shut up! Shut up" Kie came forwards to stop the two "pull it together"

"Hey pope? How do you kill a snake?" JJ asked

"You go for the head"

"Exactly. But the head, in this instance is the bridge. To take the bridge, we need maximum firepower and I happen to know there's an armoury on this ship in case of pirate attacks"

"Pirate attacks" Kie muttered, standing up

"I'm not talking pistols"

"You lost me" Kie stated

"I'm taking knives!"

"killing everyone here is not a plan" she said, walking past him and JJ turned her attention back to the three.

"Ah, we lost her. I'm serious. If we get to the armory, I'm talking AKs, pistols, knives, double-barrels—"

"JJ!" John B came forward to grab JJs shoulder

"What?"

"We gotta get out of here. We can't do anything if we're still stuck in here."John B told him

"If I get enough pressure, I can Spartan kick that thing open."

"You're not kicking shit."

"Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!" Pope told the two

"Guys." Liz heard Kies voice and she turned her head slowly drowning the boys out as she got up and pushed past them.

"Guys!" Liz exclaimed back at the boys "She's got something. Quiet." Liz stated before turning back to Kie and followed her eyes to a vent.

"Can we fit though that, yeah?"

"Hell yeah."

"Nice one, Kie." Liz commented

"What was that about a Swiss Army knife not coming in handy?" JJ added

"Just stop it."