Chapter 12

Y/n's Pov:

"Watson, Watson what happened?" I ran upto him while he stood outside the operation theatre.

"Good evening ma'am" Watson's face told how bad the situation was.
"Tell me what happened, no matter how bad it is." I said standing next to Watson.

"Sir left the office around 5 in the evening. Around 9 I got a call from the hospital and I arrived here, completed the paperwork and called you. The doc's been operating on him since he was brought to the hospital. Mr. Bang got into a car accident." He said

Chan can never get into an accident, he's not one of the reckless drivers, he always, he always is so careful on the road. But that didn't matter right now. Right now he was injured and broken in the operation theatre and I couldn't even protect him.

"Also ma'am" Watson says grabbing my attention.
"Mr. Bang really wanted to give this to you." Watson gave me a small box with a heart engraved on the side. It was a tiny heart. Minimal. Just how I always liked.

I took the box from Watson.
"You should rest for a while now. I'm here. Somebody needs to go to the office while he's out tomorrow." I said to Watson, eyes still on the box.

Watson just nodded and left. I just know Watson is as hurt as me right now. He watched Chan grew up and becoming in everything he's today and seeing that person in all red would break you apart so i walk up to Watson and give him a hug.

"I know Chan. I know he's strong and I know he won't leave us." I said to him finally telling those tears out.
"I've never had a child but Chan never let me feel that." He broke down.

The silent hallway was filled with all tears and heavy breathing. Watson left after a while. He's old, he needs rest too.

That night was the longest night I've ever lived, I sat outside the operation theatre telling myself that if I can't break down, I can't fall into pieces right now.

The clock striked 5. It's 5 a.m. now and the surgery is over because everyone is coming out. I rushed to the door.

"Doctor!"
"You're Mrs Bang?" He asked.
I nodded.
"Mr. Bang is still unconscious, the surgery was a success but we are not sure when will he gain his consciousness."
"Thank you doctor, thank you so much for saving him, Can I, can i visit him?" I asked almost begging.

The doctor nodded, "but make sure not to be loud near him"
I once again thanked the doctor and ran in.

I stood at the the end of the bed, looking at the man who held the power of burning the whole world with his eyes, all dressed in bandages and drips. He used to look as if anybody would dare to touch him, he'd rip apart the person but now he laid here, weak, crumbled. The man I was falling in love with was fighting for every breath right now and that broke me.

"Chan" i said softly sitting on the chair next to his bed slowly placing his hand in mine.
"Chan look I'm wearing the necklace." Tears streamed down the cheeks.
"Chan look it's so pretty" his hands were cold, the warmest hands were getting cold.
"Chan look at me Chan, once? For once? I won't ever ask for anything again" Tears, my muffled cry and nothing else.

I sat there for hours untill Watson walked in the room and my eyes fell to his presence.
"Watson you should be resting" i said thinking it's still the night.
"Mrs. Bang it's 3 p.m. , you haven't eaten anything, you haven't moved from this spot. The doctors say he'll gain consciousness sooner or later, we can't lose ourselves waiting for Chan, he'd never want that."

He's right Chan would never want that, I should get myself together. I need to tell Chan's dad too about what happened. I have to be strong.

Watson took me out of the room, we shared a meal and Watson told how the person who hit Chan was still in search.

"I have to tell you something Mrs. Bang" he said with a worried look on his face.
"Go ahead Watson" I said taking a sip of the water.

"I know Mr. Bang is not concious right now but the corporate world doesn't stop even a single minute, the corporate world doesn't care if you're broken or sick, the corporate world keeps on moving." He said

"I understand that Watson, I myself work for a company" I said.

"I know you're going through a hard time but we need someone to work in Mr. Bang's place while he's here and the only person me and him would trust right now is you, and I would really like for you to join the position as a temporary CEO while he's unconscious."