Chapter 21

Chan's POV:
The next day came. I woke up with berry by my side. I freshen up and go to the kitchen to prepare some food. As soon as I enter the kitchen, I noticed that a plate of pancakes with proper dressing is already placed on the counter.

There was a sticky note on the side which said,
"It's one of those weekdays where I gotta wake up super early because of some work so I couldn't say bye to you but here's a little breakfast. Hope you like it."

Serotonin boost I'd say. I folded the note and placed it behind my phone. Then I sat and tasted the pancakes. These were the best pancakes I'd ever had I'd say but a little too sweet. I chuckled as I finished my breakfast.

I exercised, took a bath and then switched on the tv for some news. I also decided to do the housework since y/n's always tired when she returns and I don't wanna give her more responsibilities than she already has.

My phone rang and it was y/n. She always video calls me because she says she wanna see my face. Idiot.

I picked up the call. She looked happy, like really happy.

"Chan I have something to tell you." She said. I nodded my head.

"I wanted to tell you this once I reached home but I just couldn't control. There's a doctor in London and I've also talked about your condition, he's willing to try his best." She said. She looked happy like genuinely happy, so happy she might cry.

"I'll tell everything else once I reach home, I'll be there early tonight and also I'll bring a cake. See you later." And the call was cut.

I was feeling a mix emotions because finally I'll be able to speak and express my love but what if I'm going to London alone, because she might have to handle the company while I'm there.

Y/n's POV:
It's almost 5 in the evening and I was packing my stuff from my office desk.
"Watson, I'm leaving for today. See you tomorrow." I said as I headed out of the building.

Employees greeted me on my way, I greeted them back. The position sure comes with a lot of power but if you don't respect the position enough, everyone will hunt you down till you're ripped off of everything.

I reached my car and placed my stuff on the passenger seat. I drove off to a bakery and bought a cake with some cookies. I placed everything in the car and drove to home.

I reached home around 6 and after parking the car, I noticed in the rear view mirror that Chan was standing behind the car. I got out of the car.

"Here to help?" I asked as he nodded his head. I smiled at him, I love how he's always the gentleman. He took the cake and cookies while I carried my office bag in the house.

I freshened up, we had dinner, I talked about how my day was. After everything I sat Chan down on the sofa. I sat beside him and faced him. I held his hands in mine.

"I know you've been through a lot but I promise it's all gonna end really soon, just trust me on this one." I said and hugged him.

"I know it's gonna be a little difficult because no one's gonna eat your brains like I do but I'm willing to wait forever if that would mean you're health's getting better." I finished. He hugged me back.

"Let's pack your bags, my Chan's voice is coming back." I said with tears in my eyes.

Next two days were just me and Chan packing stuff because we had no idea how long would Chan stay there.

It was now the day, Chan's travelling to London today. I left berry with Lily today because flights get delayed and the airport was quite far from our home so berry was being pampered today by her aunt.

While I was driving to the airport, I looked at Chan and to be honest he looked nervous.

"Chan it's just gonna take few days and you'll be back, you're gonna do amazing there." I said with a smile while driving. He didn't respond but just looked outside the window.

We reached the airport and after an hour of waiting, the time was there, the announcement was made. It's time to board the plane.

Chan got up from the bench and I stood with him. We were standing face to face. His eyes looked teary or maybe it was just the heat. I tried to give him an awkward smile because I was trying to control my tears.

He took out his phone and texted me something. The text said he'll try to heal as soon as possible because he might miss this talkative girl if he stayed there too long.

While reading the text, I chuckled but my tears were no longer in control. I was crying while looking at my phone. I looked at Chan and the hugged him so tightly.

"I'll miss this grumpy man so much" yeah I say some stuff like that at times nevermind.

He hugged me back and then broke the hug. He left for his flight.

"Funny how I used to have a crush on this guy at Lily's cafe ordering shakes because he hates coffee and now I'm standing here waiting that he comes back from London to me, his wife who also fell in love with him in the process."