Chapter 16

Y/n's Pov:

"I have an idea!" I said and ran to my room to find the mask. After searching it for 5 minutes I finally found it. When I turned around to walk down I bumped into Chan and just i was about to fall down, he held me by my waist to balance me and let go of me quite quickly.

"Ah umm... Sorry for being chaotic." I said stuttering.
"Anyway look Chan, this transparent mask that I bought back when the masks were compulsory can help us. Initially I bought this so that people could still see my makeup even with the mask whenever I went to parties but we can use this now."

Chan gave me a confused look.
"Chan we can convince people that you have cold and you can't remove the mask, but because the mask is transparent they'll know there's nothing wrong with us or to be precise I did nothing to you."

He had no expression on his face. He was staring at the mask in my hand and then picked his phone and texted me. He said that it's the smartest thing I've ever said since I met him.

I look up to him with a smile," Is that a compliment or?" He laughs and takes the mask and walks outside. He laughed again, my heart skipped a beat again, the butterflies in my stomach came alive again.

"Chan only if you knew how much I love you." I said and stood up walking out my room.

Bang Chan's Pov:
I've been ready for the party since 30 minutes now and all y/n's is saying 2 more minutes since past 30 minutes.

This is what Chan's wearing

I facetime her again, she cuts the call but sends a message last 2 minutes for sure

I take my medicine while she's getting ready because it's time for my medication but I'm scared that I might fall asleep at the party because the medicine kind of makes you sleepy.

As soon as I put everything aside, I could hear footsteps from the stairs. I walked near the stairs and saw y/n coming down the stairs. She wore a black dress and I've never seen someone this beautiful and classy before. She looks unreal. She looks like a women I would write about when I would be asked to write about perfection. My heart's beautiful so fast right, can I or should I just confess?

This is what y/n's wearing

She arrives in front me and looks in my eyes with her coffee brown eyes

She arrives in front me and looks in my eyes with her coffee brown eyes. I might not like coffee but her eyes makes me wanna say that coffee is my favourite.

"Chan?" She says but in a suprised tone.
"You're looking like a Greek God." Yeah she's random, she'll just out of nowhere say something that would force you to blush so hard that you'll turn as red as a tomato.

I give her a smile and wanna say that she looks so pretty, so beautiful tonight but I can't so I text her that she looks gorgeous. She smiles and looks up to me.

"You know what's good about you texting me?" She asks and I shake my head in a no.
"That I can see this compliment any number of times and think that Chan, Christopher Bang complimented me." She giggled.

"I'll be driving tonight, you're still not well enough to drive, I'm waiting at the car hurry up." She said and went outside.

What this girl doesn't realise is how she's inspiring and motivating me to get up each day even when I'm at the lowest. She knows exactly what to say and when to say. She's nothing something I want now, she's something I need. She makes me want to give life another chance even after all the bullshit life put me through.

At the party

Y/n's pov
Even though I drove to the party, Chan still requested if he could open the door for me so I just agreed.

He hurriedly came to my side of the car and opened the door. I took out the keys and kept it in my purse. I was about to step out when he offered his hand to hold.

I gave him a smile and accepted his offer. I thought he just wanted me to help out of the car but he didn't leave my hand even when we reached the elevator. His grip was gentle yet strong. It felt like I was holding my entire world in my hands, it felt huge, it felt magical.

We reached the floor where the party was being held and before entering I squeezed Chan's hand which was holding mine and said,
"For tonight, just relax and trust me, I'll show you I can handle everything and protect you."

Chan had that proud look on his face. He gave a smile and kissed my forehead. I gave him a smile because damn my heart's beating so fast it might explode right now.

"Here, wear the mask." I gave him the mask and he wore.

"Let's show everyone that you're still standing strong."