Chapter 23 [Final]

Y/n's pov:

"Chan you came" tears tears and tears.
I hugged him, so tight, scared that if I let go he'll go again. He hugged back rubbing my back.

After a minute he broke he hug and held my hands while he stood in front of me with a smile.

"You came from London today?" I asked. He nodded his head in a yes while wiping my tears with his thumb but he was still holding my hand.

"That's why you weren't answering my texts and calls? Because you were traveling?" I asked and he nodded again with a smile.

Chan then hugged me again and then broke the hug after a while.
"Y/n" he said, I swear I could hear everything going silent and the only sound audible to me was Chan calling out my name. I looked at him in complete shock with more tears.

"D-did y-you say my name?" Stupid question but I was so shocked. I know he went for the treatment, I knew he'd be back with progress but hearing my name, him saying my name, the planets shifted inside me.

He looked in my eyes with a smile.
"I know you're really emotional to see me right now but I gotta tell you something because I can't wait any longer." He said.

"Tell me anything, tell me stuff that makes no sense, but just keep talking." I said. He took a deep breath and then took a look at the necklace I was wearing, it was the one he gave me. I've never taken it off.

After taking a good look at the necklace, he again looked at me, in my eyes and his grip around my hands grew stronger like he's scared to let go.

"The day I first saw you at Lily's cafe, all I knew was she could fake being my wife for the time being, nothing more. You accepted that. I know you've always have had a crush on me. I know you always paid attention to the little details and I loved it when that day in the cafe you ordered milkshake for me because you knew I hated coffee."

He was getting teary eyed while speaking but then he continued," that was the first time I felt a little something in my stomach and I hated it. Since then those little something started to turn into big something. You started to occupy my thoughts, my mind, just everything. Watson said I was in love I didn't believe him. Feelings grew stronger so one day I got tired suppressing those and decided to confess. I bought the necklace along with your favourite flowers because I knew you didn't like flowers but you loved those blue tulips so I bought them and was so happy and excited to meet you that day." Tears, he couldn't control them anymore.

I wiped his tears with my hand while he pulled me closer cupping my face in his hands. His touch was soft.

He continued," When I woke up from the surgery I thought to let you go, so I grew cold. I wanted you to have a better life I wanted you to leave me and so I acted like that but you never hated me, not even a single bit and at times I wanted to confess to you everything but then I held myself back.

I always thought love was that little something that I felt in my stomach but it wasn't. You showed me love meant to stay by a person's side through all the thicks and thins through all highs and lows and to love someone meant to be so selfless that you're ready to be at war for them at any time."

His face was getting closer to mine. He continued,"You became my voice when I couldn't speak, you became my hands to do all the work I couldn't do. You really thought that I'd never know when you used to cry? I knew every time you cried because you wanted to help me but had no idea how to but you never knew how every single time you were me, you helped me heal, you helped me love."

There was a moment of silence with tears and tears from my eyes. I've always waited for this moment but now that it's here, I'm so nervous.

After a minute of silence he said," I wanted to tell you something at so many instances. When you'd hug me, laugh with me, talk to me, eat with me, rant to me and specially when you'd sleep next to me which never happened that often but there was just one thought on my mind."

Suddenly his grip from my face loosened and he went down on one knee, the classic pose with both his hands holding mine.

"I always knew I wanted to say this to you when I was fully healed, because I never wanted to type it to you or write it on a paper but say it when you were standing in front of me.
I love you y/n. I've loved you for a while now and I'll love you for a long long time." He had tears in his eyes.

Something in me shifted. I've known he had a liking for me from his behaviour but hearing it in his voice, I was definitely in some romcom movie right now.

"I love you more Chan" I said somehow controlling my shaky voice.

He immediately got up from his knee and his hands cupped my face again. His face was too close. His eyes looked it held stars and his smile was just so bright. He slowly moved towards me and not a second later his lips were on mine.

I've waited ages for this and now that the moment was here, I just wanted those soft lips to stay on mine forever.

Hours passed, the confession was done, Chan drove us back home. It was the same house we've always lived in but this time it felt like ours.

"So from today you're officially Mrs Bang." He said looking at the house. I smiled at his words.

"You've been speaking a little too much since you've gotten your voice back." I said jokingly.

"I'm gonna pay you back by talking three time than you talked to me while I couldn't speak." He chuckled and held my hand. We both walked in to new beginnings.

Author's note:
This was the final chapter, hope y'all liked the fan fiction. Also I might do a bonus chapter if y'all would want me too. Thank you for reading.