Chapter 13

Y/n's POV:

We waited 24 hours for Chan could gain consciousness but he didn't. His vitals were stable he wasn't opening his eyes.

"Watson, I'll be joining from tomorrow." That's all I said and finished the call.

I pushed a chair delicately near the bed and sat near the bed where Chan was laying. We asked the hospital to shift him in the VIP rooms. I want to give Chan the best treatment available.

I slowly held his hand.
"Chris my heart breaks every time I see you in these bandages and drips." A tear rolled down.
"Chris I quit my job and will be working in your place from tomorrow. It's really difficult to leave you and work but Watson told me how the company needs someone and I know you'd want me to do the same, right Chris?" My other hand stroked his hair.

"Chris I'm waiting. Come back Chris. I haven't told you how much I love you Chris. You can't go anywhere hm?" Tears tears tears. These damned tears.

Jeongin and Lily also visited Chan and told that they'd stay here if i needed them. Watson came too and me, never left his side that day because I'd be busy soon too.

It was night now and there I was in the same spot, near the bedside holding Chan's hand.
"I couldn't protect you Chris but I promise to hold your position in the corporate world and never let anyone harm you ever again my love." And I can't remember when my eyes closed and I fell asleep.

The next morning was here and there I was in a suit and tie, looking an expensive CEO. After getting ready I sat near Chan.
"Look Chris it's my first day at your office. Chris do I look good? I look like a boss right." no response.

This is what I wore

I slowly got up and asked jeongin if he could stay while I was out and he agreed

I slowly got up and asked jeongin if he could stay while I was out and he agreed. What I was worried about how to tell Chan's dad about everything.

I arrived at the office and Watson took me to Chan's office. I remember his office being that boring grey but it was blue now. He told me he was renovating it but blue? He's a guy to go with neutrals.

"Watson..... why's the office in blue, doesn't chan like neutrals?"
I asked keeping my bag aside.

"He does but he said it's your favourite colour and that's why." He answered with a soft smile and I was shocked.

"So he knew?" I asked.
"Soon you'll realise he knows more than you think." Watson said with a smile.

Watson then went out, some clients were up for a meeting date so he went to discuss that. I sat on the chair and noticed that the table had all work related material expect there was a frame.

The frame had our picture. I thought we had very less to no pictures but this was the picture we took together when we went to meet Chan's dad after marriage. I was all smily and happy, and he had a poker face. A small chuckle left my lips.

I held the frame in my hand.
"He used to had his strong cold personality all around him that time. He looks so grumpy, my grumpy boy." And then a tear left my eyes thinking about the good days.

The day was busy, days turned into weeks and weeks turned into a month. Yes it's been a month since Chan's accident. All his injuries were healed but he still laid there unconscious. Doctors said he's in a coma and won't wake up soon but something in me said, he would wake up, very soon.

I used to stay the nights at hospital and the days went by in the office. We had to break this news to chan's dad somehow and he was very broken at first but got better with time. He was staying with Berry at Chan's house because he said the house feels like Chan and so how could I stop him.

The work as a temporary CEO was good. Everyone accepted me as their head quite easily. Days went by fast, I got busy but all day all night only one prayer left my mouth.

"Chris you know today was so long, Mr. Lee wasn't ready to....." I was blabbering about my day like everyday while having my meal sitting on the couch in Chan's room when suddenly I saw Chan's finger move.

"I can't be fucking hallucinating right now." I got up and ran to Chan.

"Chris can you hear me, open your eyes Chris." I said softly, sitting next to him holding his hand when his hand gripped my hands tighter.

"Chris, DOCTOR, DOCTOR, Chris look at me Chris, open your eyes Chris " suprise, tears, happiness, everything gripped me all together when the doctors arrived.

After a few examinations the doctor called me back in the room. Chan was sitting. CHAN WAS SITTING but, but Chan looked sad.

"Congratulations Mrs. Bang, he's gained consciousness but"
"But what doctor?" I asked.
"The injuries on his neck affected him so much that his voice are gone for a while"
No not another thing, chan doesn't deserve all this.

"But doctor you send a few days back, his injuries were healed."
"They were but only the external injuries."
A few questions and a few more answers and then the doctors left.

I looked at Chan, sitting there in his blue hospital dress, looking down at his hands. Tears, the moment I waited for is here, Chan's here.

I ran upto him and hugged him. I don't care what he thinks about me today, I don't care if he thinks I'm clingy.

"I missed you so much Chris, thank you for coming back" tears rolled down my cheek. My hug grew warmer and finally I was hugging the love of my life after he won he the war he was fighting.

His arms wrapped around me, he hugged me tightly. I know time didn't pass for him, he's still the Chan he was before the day he got into accident but time moved for me.

Time moved so much for me that everyday felt like years and with every passing second I was realising how much this man means to me. We never value things when they are right next to you. They become a part of our routine and slowly you forget that they can get taken away at any point.

Now that I got Chan back, I won't ever let me take him for granted. I'll treat every second with him like a gift that was prepared by the finest hands and the finest things.

I broke the hug and looked at Chan. Our eyes met. I slowly sat down next to him holding his hand into mine.

"We won one war, we'll win another, I'll be patient with you, I will take care of you and I'll protect you. Your voice will come back. Don't ever get stressed about anything Chan. I can't lose you again." I said with tears but with the boldest voice.

He wipped away my tears with his thumbs and gave me a kiss on the forehead, hugging me again.

After days and days, I finally get to sleep today.