♥ The Blackboard - Scorily

Preface:
This is a next gen shipping fic in which Lily is a fifth year. This Oneshot contains Scorily (Scorpius Malfoy x Lily Luna Potter).

It was a peaceful day like any other. The birds chirped brilliantly and the sun shone brightly. The skies were clear and a slight breeze made the water ripple in the lake gently.

Students were seen basking in the sunlight by the lake, breathing in the bibliosmia of the library's books or stuffing themselves in the Kitchens. In all, every student of Hogwarts was enjoying the day off, but were they?

"Ugh! Why do I have to do this?!" Lily exclaimed in disgust.

"I'm sorry!" Scorpius apologized.

The two students were serving detention for the fancy potions master, Professor Slughorn. Their detention being to decorate the black board for the Ministry examiners to be impressed was going worser than the young Potter had expected.

"Not your fault. It's all Al's fault!" the redhead blamed. Her elder brother Albus had fallen asleep during a late evening Slytherin versus Gryffindor Quidditch match and when the time came to leave, he would not wake; he was just like his mother. Scorpius Malfoy, Albus's best friend seeked for Lily's help to support the sleepy Potter to the Slytherin Common room. However, on their way to the dungeons, the trio was caught by the caretaker of Hogwarts, Argus Filch, as they tried to hurry into a broom cupboard after curfew.

That was the reason for serving detention for Slughorn. Albus was quite lucky as he had a week of detention with Professor Longbottom who happened to be his Godfather.

"Any ideas?" Lily asked, biting her lower lip. Decorating the black board was no easy task, given that she had zero knowledge about borders and designs.

"A vine, maybe?" Scorpius suggested, frowning at the chalk pieces. "I wish we were allowed to do magic."

"I wish the same but a vine? Seriously, Scorp?" Lily whined.

"I'm sorry!"

"How about the cartoon version of dad?" the redhead asked. Scorpius scratched his neck. Lily loved her dad but surely this was not the time to draw a cartoon Harry Potter on the black board.

"I don't think the ministry would love Mr Potter's face in a childish version on the black board, Lily," he tried. Lily frowned. "I'm sorry!"

"Just shut it. How many times will you apologize?"

"I'm sorry that I'm sorry."

Lily ignored him and grabbed a red chalk. The piece of calcium carbonate seemed to make a bulb glow in her brain. She approached the black board and started to draw a miniature creature.

"What's that?" Scorpius asked.

"A phoenix, of course, you daft dimbo!" She moved aside to show a sample drawing of the mythical bird. "This is just an attempt. I'll make it more big but what about the other side. . .?"

"I didn't know you could draw a phoenix!" the Malfoy exclaimed. Lily frowned.

"Is that a compliment or an assertation?" she asked.

"A compliment. Err – I'm sorry!" Scorpius apologized again. Lily facepalmed before starting on the phoenix.

Just as she reached the talons part, confusion became evident in her brown orbs.

"I don't know to draw talons," she stated bluntly. Scorpius blinked before picking up a brown chalk and walking over to the board. She moved away and he drew two thin webbed feet.