♪ Ruddy Birthday, Ron!

Preface:
This is an OS written to celebrate Ron's birthday! Happy birthday to our King!

Hermione Granger studied the living room of the daunty house she was currently in. Shimmering silver souvenirs, Slytherin themed items, ancient artifacts, an old grandfather clock, heavy curtains and rugs, velvet sofas and an array of books could be made out in the dim lighting of the green pastel candles.

"HARRY?!" she shrieked when her brain refused to be creative that particular day. She would tolerate everything but her brain malfunctioning.

"What?!" Harry's head popped out of the drawing room.

"Get your sorry head here and tell me how exactly you think we can make this dark place the least presentable for a birthday party!" Harry sighed, then disappeared into the drawing room. Not long after, he emerged out of the room, carrying a box which seemed particularly heavy for his spawny figure. Ginny followed him, carrying another box.

They placed the box down on the carpet rug, coughing lightly as dust rose to their noses. "Damn," Harry swore. "Get the place cleaned before we start on anything!"

"Scourgify," Ginny flicked her wand lazily and the room started cleaning itself.

Harry thanked the redhead with a smile before starting. "Look, Hermione. I've been discussing with Ginny-"

"Okay, you have been discussing with Ginny," Hermione repeated.

"And we have decided to remove everything that is rather. . . ancient."

"Remove everything ancient, and?"

"And use the decorations in this box." Harry pointed at the box Ginny brought. "To, well, it's self explanatory."

"To decorate. Okay, and?"

"Let's use the stuff in that box-" Harry jerked his head towards the box he had brought. "To cook up something."

"Okay, and?"

"And what more?"

"I thought we were going to do something unique for his 19th birthday!"

"Perhaps, we could charm this house to welcome him hilariously?" Ginny put in. Hermione nodded slightly.

"And then?"

"I've run out of ideas." Harry looked towards the redhead beside him who shrugged in a way which conveyed she felt the same. Hermione sighed in exasperation. She had been racking her brains for the perfect birthday party for Ron's 19th birthday but unfortunately for her, each time she saw him, her brain would go all fuzzy and would refuse to function.

"Y'know?" Ginny started, breaking the tense silence. "I think the first thing we should do is get rid of the locket Hermione is wearing. I never knew Ron's face could be so disturbing for brains to become lazy."

Laughter broke out of Harry's throat but Hermione clutched her chest tightly, holding the locket Ron had presented her, a few days ago. "No, it isn't that!" she defended. "I-I want him to laugh today. . . It's been a while since he laughed heartily. . ." The atmosphere suddenly sobered up. Hermione had reminded the worst at the baddest of times. "I'm sorry!"

"It isn't your fault. . ." Harry's voice carried guilt. "If it's anyone's, it's mine."

"Oh, not this crap again!" Ginny facepalmed. The cleaning charm wore off, contributing to the silence. "Hermione, please take care of decorations! Meanwhile, Harry and I are going to have a cooking frenzy in the kitchen. I trust you to make this house as cozy as possible!" Saying so, the redhead dragged a tired looking Harry to the kitchen, the box containing cooking ingredients floating behind them.