♥ Heart's Desire - Hinny

Preface:
This is an after the war Hinny (Harry Potter x Ginny Weasley) shipping fic.

Dedicated To:
_anchal_rana for being an amazing reader and supporter. Thank you pal!

It was a really nice day. The feel of fall was settling over the Burrow. Trees, either withered or having red leaves, stood in the orchard, giving a beautiful sunset view when viewed from the first floor bedroom.

"Ginny . . ."

"You know it. You thought you had the best of me. You thought I would come running and swinging back. You were dead wrong, Harry!"

"But –"

"You still don't understand me, do you?"

Harry hung in his head in frustration as he hid his face in his hands.

"It's okay. I get it now. I'm sorry." He left the room and Ginny sank to the ground.

A week had passed since the battle of Hogwarts. Truth be told, she was not willing to shoo him away the way she had. She was only tired of him blaming himself over and over again for everything. He was not confiding in her about whatever was bothering him; in fact, he had been ignoring her eyes since the end of the gruesome war.

She tried her best to stay patient and wait for him but how long could she? If he did not even want to meet her eyes, he probably found a veela on the run as she feared: he would not even deny her probation.

The door opened again and the redhead was about to shout at him for coming in but when she looked up, she saw her mother standing there, a sympathetic smile on her kind face.

"Ginny dear, do you mind helping me out with the air freshening potions?"

Having nothing else to do and desperately wanting a distraction, Ginny walked down the stairs behind her mother, still lost in deep thought.

"These potions are quite the lifesavers! Who can handle the stink of Arthur's another mental Muggle contraception? This is in the NEWT syllabus so you better learn it now, dear. It'll be useful," her mother chattered away, Ginny nodding noncommittally. "Now, just keep stirring it until I come."

Ginny walked over to the counter and took the long spoon. She let out a sigh before starting to stir the dull pink potion. After a while, it turned a beautiful shade of the colour and she admired the colour with stars in her eyes. Although she was not an avid fan of pink like Umbridge was, the colour surely made her feel more feminine – the colour which Harry absolutely admired her in.

Ginny smacked her head with her free hand. 'No more thoughts about Harry!'

When the potion turned a pastel shade, the smell of the broomstick handle wafted over to her freckled nose.

"It's almost done, then!" her mother chimed in, bustling in with three triangle shaped, small bottles. "Tell me, Ginny dear, what do you smell?"

Ginny took in the scent before replying. "Broomstick handle. . . the fresh oranges of our orchard and. . ." The last smell seemed complicated. She knew that she recognized it with something more intimate than broomsticks and oranges but she could just not place it.

"Let me tell what I smell," her mother told, coming closer. "I smell the wonderful feel of the kitchen, the lake in which all of my babies played and still play and finally, the heart fluttering feeling their wonderful father gives me."

"Aww, mum!" Ginny smiled fondly before hugging her mother who returned the gesture back.

"Now, what or who do you think the last scent belongs to?" the matriarch asked with a wink. Ginny bit her lower lip in thought. It was a really nice aroma which she was attracted to, for sure. It seemed really familiar, again something she knew. If she was passionate about it, it surely seemed to be something related to Quidditch or. . . surely it couldn't be?