♥ Reality. Fantasy. - Hinny Drabble

Preface:
This is a Drabble (containing 437 words) featuring Hinny (Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley) after the war.

⚠!Warning!⚠
Contains mentions of trauma and blood.

Dedicated To:
The War Heroes of Life. Both of REALITY and FANTASY. /*

REALITY. Pitch black glades. Eternal silence of the skies. Humorless winds of the North. Ocean's aroma. The cold touch of nightmare.

The nightmare of the Chamber of Secrets and its wasted glory.

None of it seemed real as she sat, trembling in shameful fear, clutching at her sides in a really terrified way. Sweat wetted her shirt and plastered her hair to her freckled face. No, none of them are real.

As if to prove her right, a pair of warm arms wrapped around her. No words were needed to convey what she desired to hear. Just the affectionate heat radiating from him spoke volumes. None of them are real, indeed, but you are real.

Ginny Weasley did not know when she fell asleep on his shoulder. For all she knew, it was one of the most peaceful nights she had ever had since the war.

FAKE. Mangled bodies. Angry red blood. Echoing screams of vengeance. Cloudy heavens. Unyielding violence.

Violence that broke the serenity of his world.

All of them were fake. They existed no more. That was his thoughts when his eyes roamed pointlessly across the grounds and beyond the lake. Hands in pockets and a sense of foreboding drumming against his temples, he let out a deep, long sigh. They are not fake.

A warm, small palm slipped into his, forcing him to what he hoped was reality. He understood, just by the touch of her skin, what it was that his heart searched for. It was the reality before he constructed a new reality.

Harry Potter then knew that there was nothing to be guilty about. For all he did not know, the world could still be in danger if it hadn't been for him.

THE ONLY REAL THING. Warm sun. Heart-stopping feelings. Comforting chocolates. Occasional hugs. Muffled kisses.

They were the only real thing in their world. They knew, by the way they held onto each other or stole a glance at the other every so often, that them – their love – was the only real thing in the world that could darken the reality and brighten the fantasy. They are real.

Muffled sounds of affection echoed in their ears as their bodies collided in a desperate hug. There would be no more dangers to throw them apart. No more good intentions can keep them from being together. Even if we are fictional, you are my reality and my fantasy.

Harry and Ginny shared an intense eye-contact, right after the battle ended with the Light emerging victorious, that promised of a reality together and a fantasy as one soul in two bodies.

Thank you for reading!

Miyoko x