Chapter 63

"Do we have all Shawn's things?" I questioned running around to my car and Ryder's truck.

Ryder rolled his eyes grabbing the baby bag and setting it down in my car trunk.

"Will you quit worrying. You're acting like we're moving across seas." "I know, I'm sorry, it's just...I don't know." "If you're worried about the baby staying at my house I'll have you know I grew up in that house hold and my mom is already baby proofing it."

I went up wrapping my arms around Ryder's neck. "I'm sorry I'm making such a big deal." He placed a kiss on my lips, "You should be, do you know how offended my parents are?" My eyes bulged out of my head.

"Are they really offended." He chuckled shaking his head. "No, they understand where you are coming from." I sighed closing my eyes in relief.

"I don't want them to hate me." I mumbled. "Alex quit worrying. You brought them a beautiful grandson along with a son who is actually getting his act together."

"That he is." I said smiling up at him. He stuck his tongue out at me and we heard coughing behind us. I turned around to see my dad standing there with the baby's crib in his arms.

"A little help here?" He asked. Ryder broke away form me helping my dad carry the crib over towards his truck.

My mom came out bouncing Shawn on her hips making little noises with her lips making his squeal and droll everywhere.

"Mom he's gonna-"

Before I knew it I came over with napkins helping her clean up the baby's spit that went all over her shirt.

I grabbed shawn getting his baby wipes cleaning his face off. She looked down in disgust and then looked up at me.

"One thing I don't miss about having kids."

I chuckled walking away over towards my car. I set Shawn in the back seat and buckled him up.

My mom walked over leaning on my car. "You excited?" She questioned. I shrugged, "It's just another place that I'll be lazy at."

"Well you know, when the baby is asleep and since you'll have free time you can always work out." "Are you implying that I'm getting fat again?" I questioned slightly offended. "Well no-"

"Mrs. Summers Alex looks fine all the time. She doesn't need to work out." Ryder came up wrapping his arms around me.

My mom blushed looking away. "I didn't mean it like that." She mumbled. "It's okay Mom, thanks but no thanks." I said snuggling into Ryder.

My mom walked away and my dad walked by whistling at us. "You told her." He said raising his knuckles in the air. I brought mine up bumping mine with his while Ryder did the same.

"Though I'm sure you upset her, she'll get over it." "Besides it's not her body." "Oh speaking of her and bodies. Right after she had all of you she made sure to get back into the gym. It was crazy."

I rolled my eyes believing it. Unlike me, my mom is fitness crazy. She makes sure she looks fit all the time, I envy her. At her age she's got the body of a thirty year old. Hopefully one of these days I'll get my act together and learn from her and get fit once again.

"Alright so we ready?" Ryder questioned. "I suppose." I answered. I got out of his embrace and hugged my dad.

"I'll see you soon, kiddo." He said patting my back. "Of course." Ryder came up giving my dad a hug as well and he smiled looking up at him.

"Take care of her, and the little one." "Of course."

With that we were on our way on the road over towards Ryder's house.