Chapter 40

Him and I that's all it's been. Summer has started which means I shall be a senior in about a month. Crazy right?

Today is the day for our little guy's check up. It's crazy to be honest, having a baby inside you for half of a year!

"You think the baby will be alright?" I looked up at Ryder and nodded my head. "Of course I think he's gonna be alright. I mean it's my kid." I said laughing. He chucked and shook his head. "So confident are we?" "Well I mean I have a confident boyfriend so..." "So I've rubbed of on you?" He said smirking. "You could say that." I said laughing.

When we entered the hospital all eyes were on us. I looked down blushing. Hand in hand both Ryder and I went up to the check in desk.

"Hi uh Alex Summers." Ryder said calmly. Since he's been taking me to the doctors he knows the deal, what to do what to say and how to act.

"Alrighty the doctor will be out in no time." The check in lady said showing her pearly whites.

Ryder took a hold my hand and dragged me to an open chair. Another couple was say near us and smiled. "How many months?" The pregnant woman questioned. I looked down touching my growing belly, "Six months as of today. You?" She smiled.

"Three months."

"Alex Summers."

I looked over at the couple. "That's me, um good luck on the pregnancy and child." "You too." She gushed.

As I got up I could hear the lady mumble to her partner, "What a lovely couple."

*+*+*+*+*+*+*

"Hello Miss Summers." "Morning Doc." I said getting comfortable on the hospital mat. "Six months already?" I nodded my head smiling. "Well you know what to do. Lift that shirt up and let's see how the little man is doing." I nodded my head and complied.

I looked over at Ryder and saw he was fidgeting in his seat. I smiled at him. He glanced up and smiled back. I mouthed to him to stop worrying. Last time Ryder came he was freaking out thinking that the baby would be sick. Which he wasn't but it was sweet that he truly cared.

The doctor squeezed the cold gel onto my stomach and started on his job. He started moving around the monitor control.

The heartbeat was heard. The doctor showed Ryder out little baby boys heard and the head. Ryder smiled like a goofball and held my hand tighter than before.

"Well the little man is looking pretty healthy. Do any of you have any questions concerning him?" I shook my head looking over at Ryder. "No not at all." Ryder spoke up. "Alright, well then I will see you two next month. Call if something comes up that you are worried about and have a nice day." The doctor said smiling.

"Thank you, you also." Ryder said shaking the doctors hand.

Looking over at Ryder I felt proud. Seeing him look all grown up made me smile. From the begging of junior year to now he has defiantly changed, and for the good. Sure there has been some bad times, well mostly all four months of the pregnancy but in my eyes there has been more good memories.