Twelve.

It was exactly three weeks since I went on the walk with Ovie.

Exams were over, and it was just time to chill. Our results were being compiled, so we weren't so busy in school.

I smiled to myself when I saw my drawing come out so beautiful. I closed my sketch pad and decided to get some snacks from the in-school store. I grabbed my cash from my bag and made my way out of the class.

The class was partially empty by the ways. I was just in school to mark my attendance. A day missed could gravely affect my result.

I brought my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through Wattpad, checking for an update on any of the books in my library.

Since Ovie told me what Amarachi said, I hadn't been so close to her compared to how we were. Of course, I told her about it, but I didn't even give her the chance to explain. I was just so furious.

"Jas!" I heard a familiar voice yell. I didn't even wait to listen to what she had to say.

Speak of the devil, and she shall appear.

"Please wait!" She yelled and I continued to walk like I didn't hear her.

She caught up with me and started walking next to me.
"You haven't spoken to me since before our exams.. I know I messed up, but I-" I cut her in

"You know I don't like to talk about her," I sucked in my breath. "If you knew what she did, you won't just open your dang mouth to say shit!"

"Jas, let's talk about this somewhere else," she whispered.  "We're outside"

She held my hand and I harshly withdrew my hand from her grasp.

"So what do you want now?" I stopped walking.

"To apologize," she sighed. "I'm sorry"

"You've apologized.. Can I go now?"

"Jas, I'm sorry"

I chuckled and shook my head.
"It's so easy to say sorry," I poked beneath her shoulder with my index. "It's so easy to think the person gets over it immediately sorry is said." I said.

She sighed.

"But it's all good" I shrugged and began walking.

She held my hand.
"We good?"

I gave a tight-lipped smile.
"We good"

************* _****************
"Say one more thing and I'll shove my fist down your throat" I rolled my eyes as I continued to walk.

"Woah," Ovie laughed. "Careful there" he laughed again.

"Why are you even going on a run with me?," I asked as I increased my pace, jogging at a slow pace.

"Because you're Jasmine," he chuckled. "You're lonely. No offense.. aand I just thought it'll be a good idea to let you eat my dust"

"I think you'll be the one to eat my dust" I chuckled

"Less talking, more dust eating" he smirked and just as I blinked, Ovie was ahead of me, running like it was nothing.

I frowned and also increased my pace, running as fast as I could.

I either maintained or increased my pace until we got to the park.

Ovie was standing there, looking at his watch when I got there. I sat down immediately and caught my breath.

"You work out everyday and yet, you're breathing so heavily"

"There's usually no one for me to run with so I just maintain my usual pace" I replied.

"Which at this point is drastically slow" he chuckled and I kicked him slightly.

He also sat down and unzipped his hoodie slightly.
"The holidays are near," he said. "Any plans for Christmas?"

I laughed.
"I don't know," I chuckled with a shrug. "Christmas always feels empty"

"But it shouldn't be that way" he said.

"Well, it is that way," I replied. "Although my dad was talking about going somewhere for the holidays. I hope he's gonna be available for it because he's occupied with work these days"

"I understand," he said with a smile and got up. "Let's do some aerobics" he smiled and played some music on his phone.

I nodded and got up, tying my braids in a bun.

***
It was an hour later when we decided to leave. I grabbed my hoodie from the bench and draped it over my shoulders as I felt the cold evening breeze hit me hard.

We started walking when he hit me with the question.

"Would you like to come over to my house?"

I was silent for a while, staring at the tarred road that glistened because of the reflection of the orange street lights and the drizzle.

"It's late and all"

"It's fine if you don't wanna come, Jas," he smiled. "I was just thinking you'd be lonely at home. Or is your father back from Abuja?"

"No he's not," I shook my head, and just as I was about to give Ovie another reason why I couldn't go to his house, I remembered Eric would be home. The monkey would be home. "You know what? I think I'll accept that offer" I replied with a chuckle.

"Great" he smiled.

****
Passing my house on the way to Orchid Estate gave me the shivers, but hey... I couldn't be home alone with Eric for another minute that week. 

I was practically absent minded when we walked past the gates, the white painted house standing out in the huge compound. Flowers neatly cut decorating the compound and of course, Cars parked all over.

It was beautiful.

Ovie took my hand in his and led me towards the main building.

I immediately reacted and withdrew my hand a bit harshly.

I looked at him, his eyes bore confusion and a bit of worry.

"I-I'm sorry" I sighed

"It's fine. I should have asked"

I nodded

"Sometimes, asking for permission just ruins the fun" he chuckled.

I agreed with him in my head, but I wasn't going to say that out loud, so I just smiled.

We finally got into the building, and I was met with a neat living room.

It was painted beige, and the couches were coffee brown. This felt like....home?

Thanks for reading, guys.

❤️❤️❤️❤️