Eighteen.

I heard Jasmine's voice from the staircase, and my ears could not believe what they were hearing.

"I've never felt like this before, I apologize if I'm moving too far. Can't we just talk, can't we just talk, figure out where we're going"

I turned to make sure it was her singing. For the second time, I heard Jasmine sing, and it sounded nice.

"Wow...that sounded nice"

"I'm sorry, I forgot you were around" she chuckled and blushed a little.

"No no... It was really  nice.... Do you sing a lot?"

She sighed.
"Yes, but I don't like to sing...," she sighed. "Sometimes, it just...happens and I don't like who it reminds me of" she said, and it reminded of the other time I asked her if her mom sang too.

"Oh," I said and she walked to a couch. "I see"

I already put the mugs of tea on the center table, and I handed her a mug of tea.

"Thanks" she smiled at me. Her smile looked genuine, and for the first time, I saw Jasmine's teeth flash in a smile.

I had a good feeling that she was changing.

I sat next to her and started drinking my own cup of tea.

There was a comfortable silence between us, and I liked it.

The sound of thunder was the only thing disrupting it, and it was starting to have a rhythm. The downpour joined in on the music making, and it became even heavier.

"I shouldn't be bringing this up, but I can't just ignore the broken nose you gave Michael" I sighed, and I heard her sigh too.

I sipped my tea, and glanced at her.

"No one was telling me what he did to you," I said. "So I didn't bother to ask them anymore cause I knew I could ask you"

"He called me a sadist, and so I punched his nose" she said.

I sighed because I had nothing to say to her, so I decided to ask.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" I scooted closer to her

"Anything is fine" she shrugged and I could feel her body radiate.

"A Christmas movie?" I asked and she faked a gag.

"Yuck," she scrunched up her face. "Anything else is fine"

I chuckled.
"Christmas movie it is" I smiled, and everywhere went silent.

On reflex, I glanced at her and caught her staring at me.

She didn't look away this time,... she only kept staring into my eyes.

She wasn't staring at my face or anything like that, but my eyes. Deep into my eyes.

I looked at her, and I knew me asking a question at that moment would just ruin the whole mood, so I let her stare.

I didn't know what my hands were doing, but they trailed to meet hers, squeezing them softly.

She smiled at me and let out a sigh.

She slowly but cautiously put her head on my shoulder and stared at the big tv in front of us.

<<<<>>>>
We were finally on our Christmas break. Jasmine was my date to the party and my friends are still questioning me about how and why that happened.

I sighed as I bounced the hard ball on the concrete floor, the sound appealing and soothing.

Michael and Logan were trying to get this ball from my hands, but I wasn't gonna let that happen.

I dodged them and continued to run with the ball, bouncing it on the floor.

I dumped it in the hoop, and I heard them groan.

"Aren't you both tired of trying?," I smirked playfully. "I am the best" I chuckled.

"Guy, you scored a hat trick during football yesterday and you want us to let this slide?" Michael asked before laughing.

My phone beeped, and it was from Jasmine.

Done with the drawing!

I chuckled at how happy she had been, and I was really motivated.

"It's from Jasmine," Logan said. "You're smiling"

"Yes, it's from her" I smiled.

"I still don't understand how you're....friends with her" Michael said.

"Guy," I looked at him, and then at Logan. "I keep telling you not to talk about her like that"

"Fine," Michael said. "Sorry"

"Christmas is in less than a week," Logan changed the topic. "Any plans?"

"I don't know, maybe Korea to see my mom," I said. "It's either that or everyone comes to Nigeria"

They both nodded.
"I'm going to California cause well... it's the city of love" Michael said before smirking.

And then, I laughed.

"Break some hearts while you're at it thought," Logan said.

"Definitely" Michael said and laughed.

"Well, I'm just going to Dubai to see my dad" Logan said.

"Well, it sounds like we're all covered for this holiday" I said with a chuckle.

They both nodded.

"I just hope it goes well" I whispered.

Thanks for reading