Chapter 2

cham·pagne

/SHamˈpān/

a white sparkling wine associated with celebration and regarded as a symbol of luxury, typically that made in the Champagne region of France

"There's a lot of people here."

Shuhua hooked her arm around Debby's, as they walked along the red carpet with cameras flashing. Capturing their appearance together tonight.

It's the first time she's bringing Debby as her partner to the after party, celebrating the success of the winter fashion week.

After such a dizzy experience, the two entered the venue hall where everybody is expectedly wearing their own masks. It was a masquerade themed party after all.

Debby helped Shuhua on putting her mask, without ruining the girl's make up. "Do you want me to get you a glass of champagne?" Debby asks. "Yes, thank you. I'll be waiting for you there." Shuhua pointed at the empty table earning a nod from Debby.

"I'll be right back."

A lady in fitted silver slit dress entered the venue hall with her own partner. "There's a lot of people here." Her partner commented as she looks around the place, light music was playing at the background.

"Of course idiot, this is a party after all." Minnie immediately surrendered as she accompanied her girlfriend. "Are they on their way already?" Miyeon asks the Thai who's busy looking around.

"Yeah, they'll be here soon." Minnie replied as she pulls Miyeon close to her when she noticed how the man from the table five meters away from them is eyeing her girlfriend. "Have I told you that you look extremely stunning tonight?" Miyeon looks at her girlfriend weirdly.

"What's wrong? You're suddenly being a sweet talker." Minnie pouted, "I'm proud and jealous." Minnie honestly says as she steals a kiss from the older. "And why is that?" Miyeon wasn't bothered by the fact that Minnie just kissed her in front of this people around them.

"I'm proud because I have a gorgeous designer girlfriend and I'm jealous because everybody is looking at you like how I do." Miyeon giggles, cupping Minnie's cheeks. "Everything else doesn't matter as long as you're here. I'm all yours." Their sweet moment was cut off by an annoyingly obvious cough.

(A/N: amoy healthy relationship ang Mimin🌈)

"I feel like I'm gonna puke." Miyeon rolled her eyes upon seeing her sister. "Where's Sinb?" Soojin shrugs, she actually doesn't know where the heck that girl is. "I think she's getting drinks or something." Soojin takes her mask off, feeling annoyed of it.

"Still not used to those things?" Miyeon chuckles, remembering how Soojin really hates it since it irritates her skin. "This thing is part of my hate list." Minnie laughed at Soojin's response.

"As expected." Miyeon replied and they immediately spotted Sinb holding two glasses of champagne. "How about me?" Minnie asks with her creased eyebrows. "Sinb has two hands only, get yourself some." Minnie scoffs at how Soojin has become mean to her.

"You're mean." Soojin laughs, putting on her mask again while sipping on the glass of champagne Sinb brought. "I'm just gonna go roam around." Sinb excused herself leaving the three.

Shuhua smiles upon seeing Debby making her way towards her along with Elkie who probably just arrived.

"Do you think I'll be able to get a girlfriend here?" Elkie asks making the two laugh. "Is there even anyone here that wants you to be their girlfriend?" Shuhua asks earning a scoff from Elkie.

"What have you been feeding to this girl? She's becoming more mean to me." Elkie asks Debby which the latter just shrugs to with a small smile on her face. The three continued to mess around with each other, pushing Elkie to whoever model they think would suit their friend.

The night went deeper, as upbeat music fills the venue hall. Some people were dancing the night away while drinking until their body gives up.

"Wanna go out for some fresh air?" Debby asks, her hand supporting Shuhua's back. Her lips were close to the younger's ear, because there's no way Shuhua would hear her when loud music is blasting off from the speakers.

Shuhua nodded, checking up on Elkie before leaving the venue hall for a moment. There is a garden at the back, and both of them are sure that there are people making out back there.

===

"You should be careful next time." Soojin utters as she opens her car to get something that can cover Sinb's body. "It's not my fault, it was broken." Soojin laughs at Sinb's expression looking so annoyed right now.

"No one said that it was your fault. I'll just go and inform the lovebirds that we'll be going back to the hotel." Soojin left her car keys to Sinb's care, after receiving an 'okay' from the girl. She went back inside the venue hall.

She was too preoccupied finding her sister when someone bumped to her. She hissed in pain, her eyebrows were creased as she looks at the person who just bumped into her.

"I told you to wait for me." Soojin raised her right eyebrow as she watch the scene in front of her. She was waiting for the person who bumped into her to apologize. She decided to ignore the two, walking ahead to find her sister.

There's no point in waiting for someone who doesn't want to apologize.

"Debby do you think I can fly?" Soojin heard it and the name is oddly familiar. She just couldn't pin point on where she heard of it before. She soon spotted Miyeon flirting with Minnie by the corner.

"Oh you're back, where's Sinb?" Minnie took notice of the younger as she offers a seat to Soojin but he latter declined. "We're going back to the hotel first, her clothes won't dry up that fast." Miyeon nodded.

"We'll follow soon."

The street is unsurprisingly quiet at this hour, only a few cars were passing by as street lights lightens up the city.

Soojin only agreed to come here just because she wanted to support both Sinb and Miyeon. Driving along the road back to the hotel, Sinb is seemingly busy with her phone.

The music coming from the stereo is the only thing that keeps them from falling in a deep silence.

"Soo, make sure to go to the date tomorrow." Soojin glanced at her friend who's looking at her with such threatening look. "I will as I promise. You should've just turned that down you know." Soojin responded.

"I don't have the heart to do that, we've worked together in some projects but I don't see her in that way also." Sinb's nose scrunches, feeling bad about it already.

"So you decided to pass it to me, your personality is really complex." Soojin chuckles.