Chapter 9

door·step

/ˈdôrstep/

a step leading up to the outer door of a house

"I'll go and see her first."

Elkie and Shuhua both turned their phones off, "We're like deliquents." Elkie commented earning a hearty laugh from Shuhua. They sure do radiate the vibes of deliquents at this moment.

They enter the airport with such caution, trying not to attract any unwanted attention. But of course things won't really go as planned.

The sound of camera shutter alerted the two women, quickly blending in with the crowd in the airport. Elkie laid a plan for their 'perfect escape' as to what she calls it.

"I bet Muxi is already looking for you while my manager is still clueless." Elkie utters earning a giggle from the girl beside her, Shuhua can picture the rage in Muxi's eyes right now.

She left a short note by the coffee table before they discreetly left the house.

"So here's our 'perfect escape' plan, I already book us to some five star hotel in Madrid. We'll stay there for the rest of the week, you do your own thing and I'll be right behind you if anything goes wrong." Shuhua smiles, although this whole spontaneous trip is ridiculous she just couldn't help but be grateful for having Elkie as her friend.

"Off we go." The two ended up in fits of laughter.

This is surely unimaginable.

Muxi was pacing back and forth while Debby is sitting on the couch with her palms rested in her chin.

"I think we should just wait for them to come back or call us." Debby utters, heaving out a sigh. After all those two are grown ups already, it's not like they are some kids who needs supervision at all times.

Although their safety is the top priority right now since both Elkie and Shuhua are literally international models.

Muxi and Debby couldn't stop the two anymore.

'I'm going on a short trip with Elkie'

-Shuhua

Muxi had read the note over and over again for the past ten minutes and she still can't grasp the situation. Muxi is stressing over Shuhua's upcoming schedules right now. There's no guarantee that those two will be back just in time.

They completely have no idea where the two are headed.

Shuhua is still the same Shuhua.

===

Soojin got up from her bed, it's past eight in the morning already. Gaeun is still peacefully sleeping on her bed naked.

Last night was a blast.

Soojin steals a kiss from the older before entering the bathroom to wash her face. It's Monday today so that means she have her usual dance classes by 9:30 am.

She also needs to do some groceries today since she's running out of stocks.

She wore a grey sweatpants paired with a simple white shirt, walking out of the room to buy some groceries by the mart a few blocks away from her building. Grabbing her wallet at long with her phone from the table, she leaves her penthouse to Gaeun's care for now who's still pretty knocked out.

The morning sun hits her face as soon as she stepped out of the building. It honestly hurts her eyes but she could careless about that. She casually walks down the street, heading to the nearest mart near her place.

Entering the familiar mart, she automatically picks up an empty basket for her items.

Shuhua yawned for the third time making Elkie laugh, "You practically slept for two hours straight yet you're still sleepy." Elkie shook her head in disbelief as they wait for the chauffeur to arrive and fetch them from the airport.

They don't have any luggage with them, perks of being an expensive woman.

Shuhua takes out a small paper from her wallet, reading out the address that she had written down last night. "I'll go and see her first." Shuhua announced getting Elkie's attention, she already expected this.

"Call me when you need back up, I'll be there." Shuhua nodded, parting ways with her friend.

In this century, everything is quite possible. Shuhua isn't really good with directions so Google map is the answer to it.

A tingling feeling erupts at the pit of her stomach just at the thought of seeing Soojin again.

Has she been doing well?

And most importantly if Soojin is romantically available?

There's a lot of questions running inside her head.

Shuhua stepped out of the cab after paying the fare and thanking the kind driver. Looking at the building in front of her, she immediately noticed the dance studio by the right side.

Reading what she had written on the paper once again, she entered the building heading straight to the top floor.

Her feet drags her to this silent hallway, standing in front of a door. Nervousness creeping up into her, the thought of Soojin being inside right now makes her giddy.

Although she's still a little upset to Soojin up until now but that doesn't hover the fact that she's still in love with the latter after all these years.

Taking out her phone from her sling bag, she sent a short message to Soojin. A little announcement about her being at her doorstep.

Soojin smiles at the cashier giving her card to pay for her groceries. "You came much earlier today." Eden, the cashier in charge said taking notice. She knows that Soojin only does groceries during the end of the week so it's surprising that the girl is doing it at the start of this week.

"Unfortunately ran out of stock, someone crashed into my place." Soojin replies with a soft chuckle, receiving her card back.

She felt a buzz in the pocket of her sweatpants, fishing out her phone from her pocket. Her eyebrows were furrowed at the new unknown message that she got.

Cold sweat started to form on her forehead, "Eden, I'll come back for my groceries." Soojin ran out of the mart as fast as she could. Without any protest Eden just nodded her head watching Soojin's figure disappear in a matter of second.

From: Unknown
I'm outside your home - Shuhua

Soojin's heart was racing because of three reasons.

1. Shuhua might actually be outside her home.

2. She's going to see Shuhua again (which is a good thing at least it is).

3. Gaeun is asleep naked on her bed and she doesn't want those two to meet at all. (at least not in this situation)