Chapter 16

half·way

/ˈhafˌwā/

at or to a point midway between two others

"You're back."

Present Time

"What are you really doing here?" Soojin questions, there was tension in the air. 

Shuhua froze up on her seat, gulping down the saliva that had formed in her throat. She looks at the older straight in the eyes, saying every word with sincerity. It took her quite long, took them quite long to finally communicate.

"To make things right with you." Soojin suddenly laughs, a hearty laugh. Shuhua looked at the older puzzled by the surprising reaction she got. "Like some closure? I'm ready to have a talk with you." Shuhua frowned that Soojin misunderstood her words.

Soojin softly giggles seeing the look on Shuhua's face, "You look cute right now." Soojin commented earning a pinch on her hand that was on top of the table. Soojin just wanted to ease the tension between them, she wasn't upset with Shuhua.

"I hate you." Soojin shrugs her shoulder not convinced even a bit. "We both know that's a lie, how could you hate the person who can make you cum for six consecutive times." Shuhua's cheeks were tinted with crimson color upon hearing the latter's words.

Soojin leaned back on her chair looking at Shuhua softly, Soojin might seem like she's calm and collected right now in front of Shuhua but she's actually internally panicking. She doesn't know what to feel right now, Shuhua is here with her and they are about to have a meal together.

No communication for the last three years and yet here they are.

Shuhua felt much comfortable now even though Soojin is obviously staring at her.

"I missed you." Shuhua blurted out, Soojin cracks a smile nodding her head. "And I missed you too." Soojin mutters, their lovely moment was cut short when the waiter arrived with their food.

As the foods were getting placed on the table, Soojin stood up confusing Shuhua. "I'll be right back." Soojin left the table not forgetting her phone. She just really need to make a real quick call.

Shuhua politely thanks the waiter with a smile, she can see Soojin a few meters away from their table talking to someone through the phone. She decided to wait for the latter so they can eat together.

"[Why do you always run to me for advices?]" Somi wasn't complaining just genuinely wondering. "Uh because you have experience?" Soojin sounded so unsure, she's not actually sure about Somi's dating history. "[Not really the answer I was going for but anyway just go with the flow, and just like what she said to you. Make things right this time around.]" Soojin looks back to their table and practically caught Shuhua staring at her making her chuckle at how the younger was quick to avert her gaze away.

"I definitely love her." Soojin mumbled but it was loud enough for Somi to hear making the other gawked at how Soojin is acting all cringey.

Without even hearing any reply from Somi, Soojin ended the call not wanting to make Shuhua wait for her.

Going back to their table, Shuhua was avoiding any eye contact with her much to her amusement so she openly gave Shuhua a chaste kiss earning the attention of the latter.

"You're blushing." Soojin pointed out, a smile creeping up to her face seeing Shuhua getting shy in front of her. "Where's Elkie by the way?" Shuhua frowned at the question but still answered it, "She's at the hotel probably waiting for me to come back." Soojin nodded, she's relieved that the two safely got here.

"I'm really surprised when I received your message this morning." Soojin was unaware of the growing jealousy Shuhua is feeling right now. "I just wanna clear it up that I don't have any romantic relationship going on with anyone." Soojin added.

Shuhua arched her right eyebrow finding it quite silly how Soojin was so quick to clear it out. Soojin softly chuckles realizing she sounded so defensive just now, "I promise it's just you and will only be you that I'll love." Soojin assured.

===

The skies were painted with a beautiful orange colour, Soojin walks along the sidewalk while holding Shuhua's hand. There was only silence between them and it was enough for them.

"I'm sorry."

Both of them looked at each other as those words came out from them at the same time as if they were thinking about the same thing.

Soojin chuckles followed by Shuhua's giggles. "Why are you saying sorry so suddenly?" Soojin asks as they continue walk hand in hand. "I would like to ask the same question to you too." Shuhua said, giving Soojin's hand a little squeeze.

"Well that is because I haven't really apologized to you personally." Soojin reasoned out, stopping in her tracks momentarily to which Shuhua also did. A few cars passed by them and the surroundings became quiet.

"You know when I think about it, it was very wrong of me to make a decision just by myself. I should've told you in the first place and it was a good yet bad decision at the same time." Soojin added, pulling Shuhua closer to her wanting to hug the younger.

Shuhua let herself get cozy in Soojin's arms.

"And please you don't have to say sorry to me because you have nothing to apologize for. I fully understood your emotions back then. I accepted the consequences of my actions but I promised to myself that I will only love you. I will only come back to you, because you're my home, my safe place." Soojin continued, burying her face on the crook of Shuhua's neck feeling embarrassed of how she's trying to open up again, she's trying to communicate what she feels again.

And this is a good sign for their relationship.

Shuhua wrapped her arms around the older, engulfing Soojin in a much tighter hug.

"I love you." Shuhua softly mutters through Soojin's ear.

"I love you so much." Shuhua added.

===
Hi? I'm still alive I guess👁️👄👁️ How are y'all? A lot has happened in my life. I hope everyone is doing fine.