Chapter 15

de·ci·sion

/dəˈsiZHən/

a conclusion or resolution reached after consideration

"Are you sure about this?"

Soojin knocks on the wooden door, hearing an audible response from her father. She twisted the doorknob letting herself step inside the room.

"Is there anything you need?" Mr. Seo stood up from his swivel chair greeting his daughter with a hug. "I just want to tell you something and I wanted to know your opinion about it." Soojin anxiously said, fiddling with her fingers.

She's been thinking of this ever since she came back to Seoul a few days ago and she just made a huge decision for herself today.

"Go ahead." Mr. Seo encourages his daughter, motioning her to take a seat.

Tall buildings passed by before her eyes as the quiet car ride comes to an end.

Muxi opened the car door for Shuhua, both entering the agency building with the staffs greeting the model. "Are you sure about this?" Muxi asks as soon as they entered the elevator, going up to the 24th floor.

"Yes." Shuhua has been quiet and would only response with a few words. "How about Soojin?" Muxi cautiously asks, waiting for the answer of the younger.

It's been three days and yet Shuhua still didn't receive nor hear even a word from Soojin.

She tried to call just this morning after finally lowering her pride just so they can make up but Soojin was unreachable for some reasons.

"Let's not talk about her for now." Shuhua simply said and just in cue the elevator opened, Shuhua walked ahead with Muxi following behind her. Knocking on the seemingly transparent door, she entered the office being welcomed with a smile from the CEO.

"Have you thought about it?" Shuhua nodded her head.

Mr. Seo listened very carefully to his daughter, "Does it sound selfish of me?" Soojin asks, pausing for a bit. "I'm giving up my position and leaving all of it behind." Mr. Seo softly smiles, he shook his head disagreeing.

"If I'm being honest with you, it does sound a little selfish since you're going to pass the responsibilities to Soyeon so I want you to talk it through with her. It's still best to know her opinion about this also if you're really planning on handing the company to her." Soojin lowered her head, guilt seeping into her.

But she needs to settle this before doing things freely.

"Look I'm glad that you're trying to follow what makes you happy and I'm not going to be against that. I just want you to give this a much serious thought and talk to Soyeon also. I will always be here to support you. When your mother died and you were left in my care, I promised her that I will give you what the world can offer and most especially I promised her that your happiness is just as important as your life, and I will give it to you." Soojin raised her head at the mention of her mother, it's been years since they both mentioned her.