Chapter 1

fate

/fāt/

the development of events beyond a person's control, regarded as determined by a supernatural power

"Did you received yours already?"

We’re raised to believe that love is something ethereal — magical, even. We’re taught that love is something you mysteriously stumble on — as if destiny had a role.

Sure, the reasons why people love each other differ from person to person and couple to couple, but love itself stays just the same. Every time that love springs up between two people, it follows a similar pattern.

Anyone can fall in love, but people don't fall in love with just anyone. Your attraction to someone doesn't come from what you do; it comes from who you are. Love feels so incredibly natural because we can't pinpoint why exactly we love certain people. We just know we’re in love with the whole person — the whole package.

In the end, love is a choice.

"Coffee?" Shuhua smiles as soon as Debby showed up. "I would love to." Debby chuckles as she takes a seat beside the girl, giving the other cup of coffee.

"Winter has come, do you wanna go out for dinner tonight?" Debby asks, as they both watch the snow fall from the sky. "I don't mind going out tonight, besides it's been a long time since we had dinner outside." Shuhua leans her head on Debby's shoulder, sipping on her cup of coffee.

A comfortable silence settles between them as they enjoy their coffee in a cold morning in Paris.

"Oh please, you two are inseparable." Elkie's voice filled the room, getting the attention of the two. "This room never changes, still the same warmth." Elkie threw herself on the bed as if it's hers.

"You've been staying here for a couple of years now." Debby commented earning a thumbs up from their friend. "Anyway winter fashion week is around the corner and I already got my invitation." Elkie showed the invitation, it looks vintage with silver lining with the name of the brand.

"Did you received yours already?" Elkie asks earning a hum from Shuhua. "It came two days ago." Shuhua is the global ambassador of one of the famous luxury brand here. So basically from time to time she stays in Paris.

"I heard from Muxi that you were also invited to a gallery opening in Madrid next month. Are you going? If yes then please take me with you." Debby laughed at Elkie who's politely kneeling on the floor.

"December 9, I'll pick you up." Shuhua simply said as Elkie stood up celebrating.

===

Looking outside the window, watching cars pass by in front of the studio.

She drinks her can of beer alone. The lights of her studio suddenly opened but she didn't even budge knowing too well who just arrived and she knows she'll be scolded again.

"I told you to at least eat some decent food first before drinking." The voice surrounded the huge studio, Soojin scoffs before responding. "Says the one who also does the same." Soojin fired back earning a smack on her head.

"I'll tell this to Miyeon unnie." Soojin widened her eyes stopping Sinb from calling her sister. "I thought we were best friends." Soojin's voice suddenly went soft.

"How annoying, anyway eat this first then I'll join you in your drinking session."

A couple of years ago, she did something that her family wasn't expecting from her yet she still did it for the sake of making it up to the person she loves.

But destiny really likes to play with them in a painful way.

At least now she got over it and she's focusing to the career she once wanted to do.

"What's this?" Soojin looks at the envelope cluelessly. "An invitation, did you hit your head on a pole or what?" Sinb replied while chewing the meat of the fried chicken. "For what?" Soojin asks, not even wanting to open it.

She was just really annoying Sinb at this point. "Open it." Sinb glares at her friend making Soojin chuckle as she did what was told.

Upon opening the envelope, an elegant invitation welcomed her.

Galería del Tesoro, December 9 (6:30 pm)

"I love you so much." Soojin hugged Sinb, "I did my part and fulfilled your wish. It took me a long time to find a place for all of the pictures you sent to me." Sinb hugged the latter back, knowing too well how important it is to Soojin.

"I sent the invitations to the people in the list that you gave me, since it'll be the opening. It will be private. You will be the one deciding when it will be revealed to the public for viewing." Sinb added as Soojin pulls out from the hug, her eyes being brims with tears.

"And I invited some people who I'm acquainted with, is that fine?" Sinb asks.

"Totally."

The music blasted inside the studio with kids filling up the room.

"One and two and three and four." Soojin instructed, her eyes monitoring each and one of the kids inside the room through the huge ass mirror. "Javier, are you having a hard time with the move?" Soojin crouches down to level herself to the boy.

The boy nodded his head in response. "How about this? Think of it as if your teacher called you to answer the question on the board. You'll have to stand up right?" Javier stood up getting it.

"Then jump." Soojin showed the kid how it's done. "Then land with open feet as if you're a goal keeper." Soojin smiles when Javier did it perfectly.

"Good job."

The kids wave their hands, bidding goodbye to their dance teacher as their parents fondly smiles.

"Take care on your way home." Soojin waves her hand, after a couple of minutes her studio is filled with silence. Her next lesson will be by afternoon so she have at least two hours until then.

After what happened she decided to leave and have a life that she wouldn't regret.

Though her love life is back to square one, it's not on her priorities right now. People from the business industry haven't heard anything about her after she left, and she's happy living in a place where no one can ever recognize her for who she was before.

===
Welcome to book 2 of Perfect Temptation, it's gonna get wild I swear so expect a lot of I don't know steamy session.

Anyway enjoy🧚