Chapter 4

es·cape

/əˈskāp/

to slip or get away

"You don't have to."

Elkie pulled Soojin to a random corner in the museum, Soojin stopped herself from bumping into the latter.

"I feel so lucky." Soojin blurted out getting Elkie's attention. The section where they are in doesn't have that much people so it was safe. "What do you mean by that?" Elkie asks as she wear her mask.

"I'm on a date with a celebrity." Elkie chuckles as they continue their museum date. "You sure are lucky, it's all good not until media gets in the way." Soojin nodded as she gently holds Elkie's hand.

The two weren't completely comfortable with each other but it's not like it's uncomfortable also. They enjoy each other's presence.

"Soojin went out?" Miyeon asks, she's obviously surprised about it. Soojin rarely goes out these days. Her sister is either locked up in her dance studio or cuddled up with one of her flings. "Did you set her up to another blind date?" Miyeon asks, eyeing her girlfriend suspiciously. "No but Sinb did." Minnie lifted her hands up like she's a criminal surrendering.

The two were still cuddled up in bed just like what Soojin predicted, both doesn't have any ounce of energy to even move. Wanting to just laze around for today besides they will stay for a couple days unlike Soojin who's going back to Madrid tomorrow.

"Shuhua's doing well." Miyeon softly utters, remembering her conversation with the younger on the first day of the fashion week. "She's literally glowing." Miyeon added, even after what happened between Soojin and Shuhua, she still stayed in contact with Shuhua.

Exchanging small talks when they can, catching up from time to time. Soojin doesn't have any idea that her older sister is still in contact with Shuhua.

"Opposite to your sister." Minnie chuckles as she receives a smack on her arm. Soojin is happy but definitely not glowing. Well maybe Soojin isn't really that happy after all true happiness is a deep glow that comes from within.

Elkie went out of the changing room, checking her new outfit in front of the mirror. "That looks good on you." Soojin complimented as she just came out of the changing room next to Elkie's.

It is Soojin's idea to disguise themselves which Elkie agreed onto thinking that it'll be fun. Soojin grabs her coat wrapping it around Elkie's shoulders. "As much as it looks good on you, you should still keep yourself warm in this cold weather." Soojin beams a smile, Elkie blinks her eyes rapidly, not believing the situation she's in right now.

"Let's continue our date." Soojin holds Elkie's hand, heading out of the store. Soojin paid for the clothes beforehand so there wasn't anything to worry about. The two comfortably walks along the street of the city. Cars passed by them, not a single soul is paying attention to them. Elkie still wears her mask though.

Elkie decided to shrug away her worries just for today, she has been contemplating whether she should tell Shuhua or not. But there wasn't anything to tell since Shuhua and Soojin never actually happened.

"Your hand is warm." Elkie blurted out as the older glanced at her, Soojin grabs both of Elkie's hand, rubbing her warm hands with Elkie's. "And yours is surprisingly cold." Elkie blushed when Soojin placed her hands on her face. "I'll keep you warm." Soojin utters.

===

Song without words (Lieder ohne Worte) by Felix Madelssohn was playing on the background.

Admiration can be seen in her eyes as she watches, Soojin's fingers flawlessly hitting the keys as if she had practiced this over and over that it was almost perfect.

She stopped for a moment as she pats the place next to her, Elkie sat down beside the latter as the music fills her ears once Soojin continues the piece.

They almost passed by this store, Elkie was the one who insisted on going in since she couldn't handle how Soojin's eyes were literally sparkling upon hearing the word 'music'.

Painting, photography, dancing, music, Soojin tried things that she wasn't able to do before.

"It's fascinating to watch you." Elkie honestly said, she only got to know Soojin through Shuhua's stories before. And now she's seeing sides of Soojin that Shuhua haven't seen yet. "You seem comfortable on my shoulder to say that." Soojin giggles, finally ending the piece.

Elkie refused to move, true to words she's really comfortable leaning her head on Soojin's shoulder. "I'll take you back to where you're staying at." Soojin softly said, she'll feel bad if she let the girl go back alone especially that paparazzi might ambush Elkie.

"You don't have to." Elkie strongly says, she's staying at Shuhua's house right now so it would be rude to go back there with Soojin. Shuhua is still her friend and she cares about the girl, she knows for a fact that the two haven't contacted each other for the last couple of years so it's best not to let Soojin go with her.

"I want to make sure that you're safe." Soojin's word made Elkie's heart flutter. "I know but really you don't have to, my manager is picking me up so you have to worry about my safety." Elkie fortunately thought of an excuse.

Hell would break loose once her manager finds out that she went on another blind date without supervision.

"Then I guess there's nothing to worry about. Just keep safe."

Debby opened the gate, she was just about to go out and buy some groceries when Elkie arrived looking so awkward and nervous.

"How's your date?" Debby asked, shrugging off the expression on her friend's face. "It was great than I ever imagined." Debby eyed Elkie suspiciously, flicking the girl on her forehead.

"Don't tell me you fell in love that fast?" Elkie frowns, shaking her head. Denying whatever Debby is throwing at her. Unfortunately Elkie is the type of person who falls in love too quickly that sometimes it's a bad thing.

"I did not, besides there's no way I'll feel that way towards her." Elkie averted her gaze from Debby as she quickly goes inside the residence.

"You're lying." Debby yelled, chuckling to herself at how Elkie's words is contradicting with her actions.