After the Call

Saturday Afternoon
22 August 2009
Draco's POV

This Potter business was getting out of control.

Who was I kidding?

When had it ever been in control?

One minute, you're enjoying an excellent fuck with your schoolboy crush, next you're spiralling madly, obliviating your mates and wondering why you hadn't taken the time to hex a fairly innocent muggle who'd had the misfortune of pulling him.

Oh.

And said crush was currently soundly asleep at your flat because he'd had the damned nerve to call you after fucking another bloke, and you were too much of a hippogriff shit to tell him no.

"Draco," Hermione sounded a tad exasperated, and I didn't blame her.

We were at work, after all, trying to find any leads on this Mirror of Erised case, and here I was, staring off into the distance, being absolutely no help at all.

A drug, I tell you. Potter was a drug.

And I really needed a fix.

It had taken all my willpower not to give in to him last night.

When he'd shown up at my bloody flat, sloshed as could be, clearly having come from another bloke's place, the fucking nerve of him.

He'd reached up, wrapping his arms around me, and it would have been so easy to lean into him.

To allow myself to be surrounded by him, ply his sweet mouth with kisses and fuck him into that mattress, obliterating all thought of those other blokes.

Instead, I'd steeled my resolve and forced myself to leave his side, heading straight to bed, regretting the morning when we would have to talk about it.

Needless to say, I'd been relieved when the work summons had come in early Saturday morning, ensuring I was long gone before he'd awoke next morning so that I wouldn't have to face him.

Or the fact that I, apparently, was okay with taking another bloke's leftovers.

"Sorry, 'Mione," I sighed, picking up my research papers. "I'm no help today."

"Clearly," she agreed, shuffling her own papers into a neat pile. "What do you say we go have lunch? I'm ready for a break, too."

I smiled gratefully and nodded in agreement.

"Yes, that'd be wonderful."

***

Thirty minutes later, Hermione and I were seated at a table in St. John Bread & Wine, one of her favourites in muggle London.

 John Bread & Wine, one of her favourites in muggle London