Some Texting, a Floo, and Regular Talking, Too

Saturday Afternoon
07 November 2009
Blaise's POV

"Papa!" Hugo called out, and I forced my eyes open from where I was currently sprawled in my chaise on the enclosed patio, a cosy heating charm in place.

"I can fly really good, now!" he shouted, all bundled up in his winter robes, zooming around on his new "upgraded" children's broom that Mamie and Papi Varon had gifted him over Samhain.

"I'm going to be better than Harry Potter soon!"

I chuckled and wondered what Hugo would do if I invited the real Harry, along with his Tonton Draco, over for dinner one night.

He had no idea his papa and Tonton Draco were friends with the famous Quidditch player, which, in little Hugo's mind, was way more exciting than his being the one who'd defeated Voldemort.

"Great job, cucciolo," I encouraged, sitting up and watching, ignoring the daggers the sunlight was stabbing into my eyelids by doing so.

"Should I ring him now for a match?"

"No," Hugo replied, circling around the apple tree. "Not yet. He'd probably still win."

I suppressed a laugh and shared a knowing look with Anaïs as my phone pinged.

It was Pansy.

I drank like I was twenty again, so my memory is hazy, but remind me... did fucking BEN show up at our table last night?

I smirked and glanced over at Anaïs.

"Pansy's finally awake," I informed her, only slightly jealous of my childless mates who still had the luxury of sleeping in on weekends.

Of course, I'd already filled my wife in on everything that had happened last night, and we'd wondered when Pansy would finally wake up and the frantic texting to dissect what the fuck had happened last night would commence.

"Oh la," she sighed, with a teasing grin in my direction. "Bonne chance."

I was wondering when you'd finally wake up so we could discuss, I typed back.

Because, honestly, Ben showing up last night had been fucking weird.

And bless Potter and his sweet little friends, thinking, perhaps, Draco had cast a spell such as Obliviate without fucking meaning it.

Draco didn't fuck around like that.

Which was why Pansy and I were worried.

Fucking Ben

Yes, the nerve, I texted back, glancing up to check on Hugo again.

What are we doing about it? Have you heard from Draco yet?

Pans, it's barely noon and he got wasted last night, I typed, rolling my eyes. I'm not waking him up.

Because Draco sporting a hangover and roused before he was good and ready to be awake was, honestly, not worth the effort.

Pansy didn't reply for a minute, and I turned my attention back to Hugo, who now had Manon seated on the broom with him, and I lost myself in how damned cute my kids could be when they weren't antagonising each other.

My mobile pinged again, and I glanced down to see a screenshot from Pansy.

"Drakey, wake up and meet Blaise and I for lunch to soak up all that alcohol we stupidly drank last night," she had typed.