5 - Late Night Telephone

"Do you want to take a shower?" Jay muttered as the two of them stepped inside his place. Well, their place. He glanced at Y/N who was struggling to untie her shoes before he crouched down in front of her, taking hold of her hands. "Let me help."

Her eyes widened slightly as he untied her shoelaces, gently removing her shoes one by one. "Oh- thank you." She smiled at him when he rose to his feet and nodded. "Yes please, a shower sound nice.

"Why are you saying please? Y/N, you can do whatever you want here." Looking at her with a reassuring smile, he shrugged. "You can go in first, I'll make your bed ready in the meantime." Your bed. He definitely said your bed.

"Which bed?" She frowned, confused.

"You didn't think I'll let you sleep on my bed, did you?" He laughed, one of his dimples showing. "There's another bed in the room over there, mainly for Sunghoon who likes to crash in announced, but you can have it. I don't have another pillow, though, he uses mine and I just roll a towel and call it a day."

"You sleep on a rolled towel?" She paused, staring at him in disbelief. The thought of spending the night on a rolled-up towel didn't sound particularly comfortable, but it seemed she had no other option.

"It works too, you know." Raising an eyebrow, he folded his arms over his chest. "Are you judging me now, Y/N?" 

"No, never." She shook her head and laughed awkwardly. "Well, I'll just get used to sleeping on a rolled towel from now on."

"Why?" Jay frowned before he walked past her, and ruffled her hair. Her heart skipped a beat at his unexpected touch, and she blushed slightly. But then he came back with his pillow and it was white as snow, and the scent of laundry made her feel already cozy. "I washed my pillow for you. You can use it, I'll use my perfect rolled towel." He grinned and only then did she notice the white towel behind the pillow. "I love my rolled towel."

"It's okay, I'll just use the r-"

"No, no," Jay interrupted, shaking his head. "I really love it. It's sort of become my thing." Y/N stared at him dumbfounded as he held out the pillow to her.

"Well then, have fun with your great rolled towel. I'll just take this one." As she took the pillow from Jay's hand, their fingers brushed against each other, sending a jolt of electricity through her. Their eyes met for a brief moment before he smiled, his dimples deepening.

"I'll get you a blanket too." She just nodded and he walked away to another room, looking for a blanket that she could use. Y/N had to calm her racing heart as she watched Jay disappear into the room. It was weird how she was feeling at home when it was a complete stranger's house. After taking out her things from her luggage, she took a shower and wore fresh, new clothes that reminded her of how comfortable it felt to wear pajamas after a long work day. It wasn't perfect for the first day, but it was definitely much better for the girl who almost gave up on life a few days ago.

Upon walking into the room where her bed was, she spotted a blue blanket on top of it and it made her chuckle. "My favorite color is blue." She unfolded the blanket and let its soft fabric glide through her fingers. And as she settled onto the bed, she stared at the ceiling and just stayed there. Lost in her thoughts, her gaze wandered around the room, taking in the simple yet cozy atmosphere. There was a small bookshelf filled with books, a window that offered a glimpse of the starlit night sky, and a desk filled with photographs.

She stood up, approaching the desk before she stared at the photographs. There were a lot of guys, but she could only recognize Jay and Sunghoon. There was also a girl that she assumed was Harin. Jay looked happy in those pictures, making her realize that he was surrounded with good people.