𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

"Y/N"

"Y/N"

"Y/N"

Someone had called your name for the third time. You slowly opened your eyes, and a colored white ceiling welcomed you. Not just the ceiling is white; the entire room is white, and you are sitting in a chair.

A male voice calls out your name, "Y/N". You turned around to see a man standing behind you. You immediately get to your feet and face the man. You're curious about what's going on right now and why you're in this place.

"I know you're curious right now, and you've got a lot of questions. But do you remember anything before you awoke? Do you even understand why you're here?" He finishes with a grin.

You start giving him a strange look before responding.

"As I remember, I was on my way to the hospital when suddenly... suddenly I-"

"You clearly don't remember it." He interrupted.

"You're dead. As in, you abandoned your body on the ground. You were crushed by a car, and you were stupid to not notice a car was on its way to hit you. It was an accident caused by that stupid drunkard driver, and I apologize for calling you stupid even though it was partially true." He even smiles at you after saying those inappropriate words.

You started remembering everything. You're riding your bike to the hospital when a car hits you from behind. And that is the result of your ending.

"May I ask why I'm in this place?" After death, you're supposed to go to a heavenly or fiery place, but why are you in this blank room?

The man fixed his gaze on you and smirked. Putting his other hand on his cheeks and tilting his head slightly forward towards you.

"Before I answer that question, answer this one."

In the blink of an eye, the two of you were sitting on the chair facing each other, a table with chamomile tea in front of you.

"Is there anything you want to do before you die?" he asks, sipping his tea.

"What exactly do you mean?"

"Something you'd like to accomplish before you die," he said as he set the teacup down and interlaced his fingers.

Ayumi, your half-sister, appears in your mind first. She is the only person on your mind even before you die. Despite having different mothers, you two adore each other. She broke her arm while participating in sports and is now in the hospital. To think she has your stepbrother and stepmother watching over her. Your father is the owner of a large food and beverage company, and he was arranged to marry your mother. You've never met your mother because she died shortly after you were born.

Your Father does not have romantic feelings for her; he loved her because they were childhood friends. Then he remarried, marrying the woman he truly loves, Ayumi's mother. When Ayumi was born, you were seven years old. After 8 years, her mother died of Cancer. It was extremely difficult for you because she acts as your mother. Your father remarried again, this time to a businesswoman. For business purposes only.

She means nothing to him. She had a son who was ten years older than you. You don't trust them, but Ayumi likes them and accepts that they are a part of the family. The reason for this is that your Father changes after the wedding and rarely returns home. He is always busy, rarely speaks to you, and no longer has family time. You don't live on the same rooftop as your stepmother and stepbrother because you dislike them, you own an apartment near your school, and you always visit Ayumi on weekends. But now that you've received word that Ayumi has broken her arm, you rush over to her, but something unexpected happens.

"Ayumi, I don't want to leave her. I don't want her to lose another family member. I want to be with her one last time. I'd make amends to our stepmom and stepbrother if that's the kind of happy family she wants." you began to tear up as you remembered her.

You were startled when the man abruptly stood up and smashed the table. The table was shattered, and teacups were scattered on the floor.

"Humans are selfless! I don't like it!" he exclaimed angrily.

"Can you be selfish this time?" he said while still looking angry.

"..."

"Is that what you want?"

"O-Of course, yes."

"Okay, to cut a long story short, you're here because it's not your time to die; you're not dead yet, because you have regret," he said, pointing at you.

"Regret?"

"I won't tell hehe. You have to help someone, and if you help that person, you can return."

"Would you mind telling me what my regret is?"

"Umm... let's just say, family problem," he ended up telling you.

"And how can I help "that" person?"

"Fixing their family problem"

"So, all I have to do is solve a family problem? That's it?"

"Why? You don't like it? I can have you save a murderer if you want to." You find it annoying when he grins.

"No, that's fine with me."

He then clapped.

"All right, you're ready to go," he said, snapping his fingers, and you began to float.

"Right now? I have no idea what I'm supposed to do!"

"Oh! Sorry haha. Just don't reveal who you are, and... I didn't tell you you'd be blind while doing this mission, right?"

You were taken aback by what he said.

"How am I supposed to do this job properly if I can't even see?" you exclaim as you float away.

"Don't worry, I'll be your tour guide; I'll see you soon, Y/N."

"I'm not ready for this!"

You are gradually losing your vision, and the man says something to you before disappearing.

"As you finish this mission with your closed eyes, I'd like to bring you more misery."

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃